WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the support and guidance of the Team Leader/Service Sector Leader, the Project Manager is responsible for defining all aspects of project delivery, from developing capture plans and proposal development to project start up through planning, design, construction, and project closeout of municipal infrastructure designs by creating clear and attainable objectives for both the Client and design/production team. Execution of successful project delivery will be achieved through demonstrated abilities in understanding Client requirements, effective management of resources and strict adherence to schedule, scope of work, budget, and quality. The Project Manager must provide leadership to the project team through guidance and individual performance feedback.
- Maintain a relationship with the Client as a point of contact with Cole Engineering with respect to administering the day-to-day operations related to completion of project deliverables, securing municipal approvals and any other project objectives;
- Preparation of a detailed ‘Project Plan’ at project commencement, in conjunction with the Business Unit Leader, including scope of work, schedule, budgets and assignment of the appropriate internal staff and departments, or external resources;
- Be fully aware of the Cole-client contract for the design of the project, and of the client’s objectives. Analyze the project scope, the client’s RFP and Cole’s proposal;
- Supervises the Company’s responsibilities for appropriate engineering of technical designs, and construction and administration of contracts;
- Support other Team Leaders in building their client base by cross selling services across the Company;
- Coordinate and lead regular project team meetings and provide continuous updates with respect to project progress, scope, schedule and budget to ensure successful execution of the ‘Project Plan’;
- Works directly with the Team Leader and Project Engineers and supervises the production of required workload within pre-determined budgets and time schedules, in conformance with established technical criteria;
- Monitor weekly project time expenditures (Work In Progress); identify any deviation from the ‘Project Plan’ and effect immediate recourse for the assignment of resources through the Team Leader/SDL, if necessary;
- Recognize out-of-scope tasks and secure written approval from the Client for additional work budgets prior to commencing work;
- In conjunction with the Cole Engineering Accounting department, prepare monthly project invoices and detailed work descriptions in accordance with the approved proposal for all accrued project time;
- Assisting; follow up with Clients to maintain corporate payment policy within thirty (30) days of invoice issuance;
- Assures that QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Prepare proposals for potential projects, for review and approval by the Team Leader, including preparation of detailed work plans and fee estimates based on a firm understanding of the site specific engineering constraints and opportunities. Follow up to secure project award;
- Assist and co-ordinate the efforts of the Team Leader, such as resource management, business development, workload and revenue forecasting and preparation of the annual Business Plan;
- Identify leads on potential development opportunities and maintain continuous dialogue with current and potential clients to promote the Company’s services. Build an extensive network of contacts influential in securing work;
- Actively participate in a Corporate Client team which could include leading a team.
May develop, supervise and mentor staff and provide assistance in career succession planning.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Professional Engineer licensed in the province of Ontario;
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in significant in the design and/or execution of projects in the Water and Waste Water industry, preferably in the Greater Toronto Area;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Credibility and relationships with industrial, water and infrastructure clients in the Greater Toronto Area;
- Experience with water and wastewater Building Mechanical is required;
- Experience with multidisciplinary design interfaces (particularly process, electrical, process-mechanical, and building mechanical) required in the Water business;
- Functional Safety experience beneficial;
- Excellent project management skills with experience on working on large multi-million dollar water & water treatment plant projects;
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload and work effectively under strict deadlines with a strong focus on attention to detail;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills to work within a team and in a client-oriented environment;
- Strong work ethic, motivation and judgment skills;
- Extensive Client management experience;
- A focus on quality and performance;
- Strong technical, leadership, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in business development, proposal writing and marketing.
COLE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development. We are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.