Product Marketing Manager
Does the phrase “from concept to completion” act like a jolt of caffeine in your day? Do you live for product launches? Are you skilled at creating impactful marketing programs? Do you live for customer responses? Do you thrive on finding new marketing opportunities?
Dispatch Science, a market-disrupting provider of Artificial Intelligence solutions to the transportation industry, is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to help us bring our game-changing products to market.
Reporting to the VP, Business Development with close ties to Product Development, Client Services the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll oversee all aspects of how our products are marketed to the public. You’ll make the important decisions about how our product will be presented, where and how to advertise the product and all the other aspects of how our product goes to market. If you’re a dynamic, self-motivated professional who likes using your creativity to help create a strong marketing message that increases sales, we’d love to have you as part of our team. You will develop a deep understanding of our users' psychology and enjoy solving complex problems. You will carefully research customer needs and develop great communication strategies in order to answer them. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Conduct market analysis to gain an understanding of the competitive landscape, our competitors’ strategies and help establish product differentiators.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Develop a marketing plan including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Develop product messaging that differentiates new products and services from others in the market.
- Craft compelling product content and/or coordinate with external resource: case studies, videos, blog posts, website and landing page copy.
- Extrapolate technical details into benefits for the user and build on product messaging that sets new features apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point.
- Manage website updates, update marketing materials, communicate regularly on social media to support the evolution of the Dispatch Science brand.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers.
- Spearhead Dispatch Science’s event and tradeshow strategy, including but not limited to identifying key events, develop booth properties with external resources, develop messaging for pre- and post-show communications, and track event KPIs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years of product marketing, product management, or digital marketing experience, preferably in a related industry
- Experience in market research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development and campaign execution.
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, including some copywriting skills and excellent grammar, and the ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative presentations.
- Metrics-driven and analytical; proven ability to prioritize, drive, and achieve results through self and others under time pressure
- Deep understanding of how a product is sold and the channels they are sold into
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Passion for working with technology products and solving B2B needs.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress and Google
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube.
- Bilingual English and French would be an asset
- Subject matter expertise in the transportation or delivery industry a bonus. This should
include specific industry or technical knowledge