Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we value Trust, Courage and Teamwork. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Children Services the Paediatrics Inpatient and Outpatient/NICU Clerk works in a collaborative model with CPSR (Central Patient Scheduling and Resignation) as well as lead and provide clerical responsibilities accountability of the Paediatric and Neonatal departments.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology course required.
- Successful completion of the Hospitals Electronic Medical Record (EMR) training required upon hire.
- Completion of Medical Office Administration program is required
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary diploma/degree is required
- Minimum of one (3) year related experience required.
- Preference given to candidates with previous healthcare experience and working in an inpatient environment as well as working with an EMR.
- Models Family Integrated Care to all our patients, families and interprofessional care teams.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and computerized order entry (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required,
- Accountable for sustaining and maintaining Critical Care Information Services (CCIS)
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to positively interact with a range of individuals in a variety of situations, which require tact, discretion and confidentiality,
- Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and multitask under pressure,
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality and patient information verification,
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a productive team member,
- Demonstrated the ability to provide excellent customer service to all patients and system stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through Continuing Education Programs and Self Directed Learning
And Lastly but most importantly model the values of OSMH for a fragile patients and families.
Our Employees Enjoy
- a professional practice environment
- a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
- wellness initiatives
- continuing education grants
- employee recognition and assistance programs
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is committed to diversity and equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accomodation in the Workplace
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
OSMH is committed to providing a safe, healthy and supportive working environment by treating team members and patients with compassion accountability respect and engagement.
All team members must adhere to OSMH’s Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols, as well as the duties of workers as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Team members must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position which may include cognitive and physical demands.
As a condition of employment, new employees are required to complete an employment health assessment and must be cleared by the Occupational Health and Safety Team prior to orientation.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Occupational Health and Safety department.
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital. As a condition of employment OSMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation and evidence of course completion. It is also a condition of employment that all new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online before 11:59 pm on the posting close date. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.