Senior Financial Analyst Opportunity!
Our Client in the West End of Edmonton is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their Growing team! As part of the Accounting and Operational team, this Senior Financial Analyst role will be responsible for operational, capital and A&D accounting, G&A analysis, and accounting entry functions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong operational and financial accounting background within the construction or oil & gas industry, has a clear understanding of IFRS rules and holds or is working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant designation
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Preparing monthly and quarterly analysis, including operational and accrual analysis.
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of all related journal entries. Developing strong working relationships and supporting several teams within the company, including Financial Reporting, Marketing, Corporate Planning and Operations.
- Monitoring key performance measures and improvement targets.
- Streamlining processes and striving for continuous improvement. Coordinating the A&D accounting function, including the compilation of statement of adjustments and coordination with Project Managers and the Executive team.
- Completing monthly G&A analysis and lead the budget and forecast processes.
- Building financial models using historical data and providing forecasts based on various industry-related operating metrics.
- Maintaining the corporate forecast Excel model for the company.
- Using Excel to model various financial and operational scenarios in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Preparing and posting journal entries into the company’s ERP system.
- Assisting with accounting period end process for P&L accounts and balance sheet.
- Assisting the management team with annual and periodic budgeting and planning process.
- Assisting the operations team with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Recommending and Implementing process for improvements to budget and prepare forecast for company.
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
- Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions.
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis including management reporting, budgeting and forecasting; facilitating and challenging assumptions and key business drivers.
- Responsible for designing financial models, scenarios and sensitivities for complex projects with a strong understanding of key performance indicators, volumetric data and their relationship with industry and market trends.
- Develop business relationships and foster two-way communication with internal stakeholders, Operations, and Corporate Reporting groups.
- Other special projects as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Post secondary education with focus on Accounting or Finance coupled professional designation or working towards designation.
- 5+ years Experience in the Oil & Gas or Construction Industries.
- Strong financial accounting background with knowledge of IFRS rules.
- SAP and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff across various functions.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Compensation and Benefits
- Varies depending on experience.
Please quote Job Reference # 34050
Job Type: Permanent