Are you looking for a learning experience at one of Canada’s largest airports? Planning is integral to any business, and at Edmonton Airports it is a continual process that connects every department and every level of the organization. The Sustainability & Planning team is responsible for supporting the 1-year, 5-year, and 25-year planning documents. Sustainable business practices are also of growing importance in the development of Edmonton Airport processes. Reporting to the Manager, Sustainability & Planning, the Sustainability & Planning Assistant is accountable for supporting the administration and communication of the Sustainability Program and assisting the project requirements of a number of planning studies. The assistant will also support with research, preparing documents, and various internal and public communication activities for the Sustainability & Planning team. These activities will contribute to the objectives of the Operations & Infrastructure Strategic Business Unit.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
By the end of this term position, you will have participated in activities related to:
- Sustainability communications – updating public and internal documents and communications
- Administering sustainability orientations and tours for new employees
- Preparing sustainability awareness videos for employees
- Coordinate employee team building and volunteering activities
- Support the preparation of presentations and other materials for Master Planning
- Manage the Master Planning external website
- Prepare notes and meeting minutes where required
- Support public communication event coordination
- Third or fourth year of enrollment in one of the following areas of study:
o Bachelor of Commerce program with at least intermediate level courses: sustainability/environment/energy, strategy, economics, communications, and/or organizational behavior
o Bachelor of Biology or environment with an interest in business
- The highest level of good judgment and professional behavior, especially as it relates to dealing with confidential information and external partners.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including consistency in drafting high quality written communications that contain minimal grammatical and formatting errors.
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of research processes and methodologies and the ability to analyze and/or integrate findings.
- Flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to respond quickly to changes and new tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check.