GreatWest TRP (Kenworth) Calgary NE
#30 - 2638 Country Hills Blvd NE, T3N1A7
Journeyman or 4th Year Apprentice Heavy Duty Technician
· Must have Journeyman certificate or 4th Year Apprentice
· Class 1 or 3 driver’s license
· $36-$40 per hour depending on experience
Great West Kenworth Ltd is one of Canada’s leading heavy truck dealerships with six branches spread all over Alberta Calgary, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat (Redcliff).
GreatWest Kenworth supply and service trucks for long haul, construction, and oil fields. We are the leader in the Alberta/Northwest heavy trucking industry for over 50 years and provide an excellent work environment, competitive salary, stability, and career progression avenues to skilled and dedicated professionals.
Great West TRP (Kenworth) is seeking a certified journeyman HET or Truck Transport Mechanic capable of joining our fast-paced technical environment. Applicants with strong electrical aptitude plus experience/training with Kenworth systems, Cummins, Paccar engine, CAT, Dana/Spicer and Eaton would be strongly considered. Wages range from $36.00/hr. - $40.00/hr. depending on experience level and training certifications.
Be part of a winning team on the cutting edge of industry technology
AT GREAT WEST KENWORTH WE ENABLE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES TO GROW AND PROSPER
OUR MISSION: We support our community with exceptional timely service, by caring individuals, whose knowledge of our premium products create a lasting positive impression.
OUR VISION: We will create an experience that enables everyone to move forward, Financially, Knowledgeably, and with Dignity.
OUR VALUES: Integrity, Financial Stability, Knowledge, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration, Learning
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Certified Journeyman HET or Truck Transport Mechanic
· Paccar Engine experience
· Kenworth Cab and Chassis electronic experience
· Cummins ISX 2010 and newer certification
· Eaton Transmission and Dana/Spicer experience
· CVIP License needed
· Familiar with software diagnostics such as Davie 4, Cummins Insite, ESA, BENDIX, Service Ranger, or equivalent.
DAILY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all truck systems.
· Interpret work orders and technical manuals on paper and in PC-based formats.
· Write and type service reports.
· Open and close repair orders as required.
· Assist in training apprentice mechanics in the trade.
· Work scheduled on-call shifts to provide repair service for customer trucks that require repairs after normal business hours.
· Attend additional training, online, provincially, nationally, and in the US as required.
· Maintain personal and company tools to get the job gone.
· Utilize department chain of command (service writer, service administrator, lead hand, foreman, service manager, service director) when managing their job duties and solving problems.
RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED
· Be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and customers.
· General computer and software diagnostics skills.
· The ability to withstand work-related deadlines and pressures.
· Must be able to sit, kneel, lift, walk, lay, and carry for extended periods.
· Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
· Own Toolbox and tools required
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
· High school diploma
· CVIP license an asset
· Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate (019-1) or interprovincial equivalent
· Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate (019-3) or interprovincial equivalent
· Class 1 or 3 driver's license without any previous suspensions.
· Able to travel to the US for technical training
OUR BENEFITS ROCK!
When working at GreatWest Kenworth Ltd., employees are offered a comfortable, clean, and supportive environment, with opportunities for growth and advancement. Competitive wages are matched with a comprehensive, up to date employee benefits program that caters to the needs of staff and their families. Some of the benefits are:
· Private Health Care Services
· Life Insurance and AD&D, Dependent Life
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness Coverage
· Up to $2640 in a Health Spending Account or Personal Development Account
· Health Plan, Dental Plan, & Prescription Drug Coverage
· Up To $400 Boot and Tool Allowance
· RRSPs and TFSA
· 3 weeks’ vacation after 3 years, 5 Paid Sick Days, Flex Days
Copy and paste link into browser to learn more about our benefits:
OUR STANDARD RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Copy and paste link into browser to learn about tips for submitting your resume and on our recruitment process:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.00-$40.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Mechanical: 4 years (required)
- Journeyman licence (preferred)
- 4th Year apprentice certificate (preferred)