Trico Homes is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture.
We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor.
This is a Full Time Permanent position.
We are looking for an experienced Site Supervisor in our Trico Contract Management department. The Site Supervisor will be responsible for the management of all on-site construction workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the Site Supervisor, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work. Site Supervisor is responsible for the efficient use of labor, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work, and maintaining records of all materials used and the progress made on a job. While this job is mainly a position of supervision and management, the Site Supervisor may be required to assist in construction work on an occasional basis.
- Assist the Director of Operations Multi-Family and Contract Management with the initial mobilization and set up of the construction site;
- Lead the work on sites to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes;
- Read, interpret, and understand construction drawings and specifications, the city codes and ordinances regarding building codes.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems;
- Monitor job progress and costs, and provide regular progress reporting to management;
- Review construction plans for compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical, structural, zoning and planned development;
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
- Ensure compliance with Trico’s health and safety training and reporting requirements;
- Ensure building inspections are completed periodically throughout the construction phases to ensure buildings meet specifications of clients;
- Ensure accurate and timely project close date; adjust working schedules to ensure deadlines are met;
- Work alongside the Construction Manager to resolve any constructional issues that may arise;
- Develop, monitor and oversee quality control measures on worksites;
- Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget;
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting with sub-trades and clients;
- Provide coaching and training to Site Assistants;
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency;
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials used by the crew;
- Aid workers on site whenever required;
- Pursue cost effective alternative measures to improve financial performance on projects;
- Any other duties as required.
- Degree in an appropriate construction related field;
- Strong safety orientation with up to date First Aid and other safety related certificates;
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in construction and at least 5 as a Site Supervisor;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans;
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation;
- Understanding of land development process and land development construction;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment;
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems;
- Excellent time management and project management skills;
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email;
- A clear valid driver’s license; an abstract will be required.
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.
Location: #100,7711 Macleod Trail SW,Calgary AB,T2H 0M1, Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full-time