Reporting to the Security Manager (HoS), the Security Specialist is responsible for functioning as the Alternate Head of Security (AHoS) in the absence of the HoS.The AHoS supports the HoS in all security operations across the organization in accordance with the Cannabis Act and all other relevant regulations for the licensed site.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds!We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity.Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people.As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the licensed site’s Security Department. (Security Associates) and lead in developing, reviewing, and maintaining Security Programs and projects to ensure security compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations. Work cross-departmentally to ensure security compliance is strictly adhered to (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Quality Assurance);
- Operate video surveillance systems, monitoring all access control and intrusion detection systems; monitor and report violations of overall safety and security procedures through the licensed site;
- Assist in implementing training programs around SOPs pertaining to security and security record keeping compliance; collaborate training programs with Human Resources and assess training gaps continuously;
- Support security programs to oversee and record response to security incidents and breaches;
- Support systems/programs of control that ensure loss prevent and detection;
- Assist in coordinating with 3rdparty security providers/contractors for security installations and monitoring systems for the licensed site;
- Collaborate with Regulatory and QA Departments to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine security compliance according to Cannabis Regulations;
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder; and
- Other duties and activities as required.
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations:
- Function as AHoS to support the HoS on matters relating to security compliance when primary HoS is unavailable/offsite; support the Responsible Person (RP) or designated Alternate in security matters as it pertains to the compliance of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations;
- In lieu of the HoS, ensure that the physical security measures of the licensed site comply with the security requirements of the Cannabis Regulations;
- In lieu of the HoS, develop and maintain the license holder’s organizational security plan specified in the Cannabis Regulations; and
- Submit, secure and maintain a valid security clearance.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’ Degree in a related field (i.e. Security Management) obtained or recognized by a Canadian University or institution;
- 5+ years’ management experience in a Security Department within a similar production environment;
- Professional security designation considered an asset (i.e. ASIS CPP, ASIS PSP);
- Certification of Qualification from ITA for security alarm installation considered an asset;
- Strong understanding of security plans and their applications;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite, AutoCAD and additional technical proficiency; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) strongly preferred.
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management.
You are an EXCEPTIONAL LEADER with developed management and coaching skills, a strong sense of integrity and work ethic.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL EXPERT, capable of advising senior leaders in a professional and effective manner.
- Proven knowledge and experience related to the responsibilities of the position (i.e. Pharma, medical devices, food/beverage, high valued goods, etc.);
- Cybersecurity experience strongly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing proactive security compliance programs and systems;
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Security: 5 years (Required)