Reporting to the LINC Program Supervisor, LINC Program Instructors facilitates assigned LINC clients following LINC Program Curriculum.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the students’ levels of English proficiency upon entry to determine the kind(s) of instruction and materials needed.
- Follow curriculum guidelines, yet make necessary adjustments to suit students’ levels and needs.
- Be familiar with the objectives and outcomes of the LINC program.
- Prepare, present and administer appropriate lessons and activities to meet the needs of the students. This includes the use of computers when appropriate.
- Keep record of students’ attendance, daily lessons and monitor students’ progress.
- Mandatory attendance is required for instructors’ meetings, professional development trainings, staff meetings, and the Society’s Annual General Meeting should these meetings/trainings happen within instructor’s working hours.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor or master degree in Education, English, or an equivalent combination of certificate(s), experience and transferrable skills. Minimum of 2 year work experience in LINC department is preferred. Experience in a non-profit sector would be considered as an asset.
- Bachelor of Education or BA minimum in TESL or a related subject
- TESL certificate or TESL related experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ESL teaching methodology
- Completion of PBLA training and fully implementation
- Knowledge of various ESL activities to use in the classroom
- Comfortable with using technology in classroom, e.g. Internet, skype, ESL websites
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is an asset
duration: September 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020 (maternity leave coverage)
schedule: Monday to Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (26 hours a week total)
Eligible for group benefits after three months of probation.
If you feel as though the above job posting suits your career goals, and you have the qualification and skill sets required for the position, please apply directly on Indeed.ca. Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching ESL: 2 years (Preferred)
- working with adult learners: 1 year (Preferred)
- teaching literacy levels: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)