Territory Sales Merchandiser
Designer Greetings is a major publisher of greeting cards and the Value Leader in the market today. We are looking for a hand’s on Territory Sales/ Merchandiser who is able to solicit and cover all sales and merchandising functions in an assigned territory.
Role Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and expand existing business with the emphasis on prospecting and closing new business in the independent grocery, drug, value, and card shop channels.
- Work independently to plan and execute a daily schedule of cold calls and in person sales calls for assigned territory.
- Develop solid relationships with customers.
- Communicate effectively both internally with Company management and externally with all customers.
- Straightening product on all card racks
- Putting out product orders and writing up new reorders
- Putting up and taking down seasonal cards programs and adhering to plan-o-grams
- Provide excellent service to developed accounts
- Experience making a difference and driving impact on goals
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
- Report directly to the VP of Sales
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of selling greeting cards, gifts or similar product preferred
- Selling, customer-service and merchandising experience a must
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform frequent physical activity
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs unassisted and push and pull 200 lbs on a pallet jack
- Must be able to travel distances with own vehicle and be available for the odd overnight stay.
- Use of Excel, Word, Adobe, internet, text and email are mandatory
Job Type: Full-time
- Merchandising: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)