UBCO is currently recruiting a motivated, hard working, and eager full-time Dishwasher. Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Kitchen Attendant is responsible for cleaning the kitchen, washing dishes, cleaning the storerooms, and waste management in the kitchens. For more information on our food vision and values, specifics on our locations, and information on our Executive Chef Shelley Robinson, check out the link: https://food.ok.ubc.ca/about/
Please note this position is sessional, ongoing each year from September to the end of April (May, June, July, August off). Salary posted reflects 12 months. As position is 8 months, monthly salary is $2,420.00 ($15.96/hour). Position starting immediately.
Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including evening and weekends (two days off in a row always).
Who are you?
- You are energetic, friendly and passionate about food and dining experiences
- You are excited about working in a fun university setting and building relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- You have excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods
- You thrive while learning new things and take delight in solving problems
- You are a quick worker and enjoy being an important part of a team
- You are looking for a career to develop into, not just a job. Endless opportunities for advancement with hard work!
- You are excited about working with our new Executive Chef, Shelley Robinson, Interprovincial Red Seal Cook and Chopped Canada Winner!
Why Work for UBC?
We pride ourselves in having a dynamic workplace culture, great pay & benefits and opportunities for career growth. Here are just some of the reasons UBC is one of BC’s top employers and what we offer our food services employees:
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits
- Generous vacation
- UBC Pension Plan
- Development and training opportunities
- Professional development funds
- Employee meal plan
- Tuition waiver
- Diverse portfolio offering opportunities in many different food services environments
- Flexible working schedules
- Responsible for cleaning the kitchen
- Washes dishes
- Cleans the storerooms
- Waste management in the kitchen
- Other duties as required
- Grade 10 or equivalent and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain one)
- 1 year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to maintain cafeteria in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ability to lift medium to heavy objects and requires some physical exertion.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts
- Must be flexible and able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods; ability to multitask.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,420.00 /month
- Dishwashing: 1 year (Preferred)