**Location: Windsor, Ontario**
Immediate Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
Second Level Supervisor: Site Manager
Job Summary :
The Electrician is responsible for complex factory electrical systems as well as alarms, phones and communications. She/He is required to liaison with the maintenance and production departments daily. She/He and has a strong commitment to food and employee safety and ensures compliance at all times.
Essential Functions :
- Perform various responsibilities with existing plant electrical facilities and equipment.
- Plan, design and integrate all new electrical plant systems as well as maintenance of all existing systems, wiring diagrams and PLC programming.
- Troubleshoot as needed.
- Source and requisition materials and parts as needed.
- Complete all associated paperwork and documentation as needed.
- Precision work. High degree of attention and care required preventing injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity.
- Read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Work with in electrical voltage in AC from 24V to 575V.
- Maintaining and program AC variable speed drives.
- Communicate appropriately with Supervisors and Co-Workers (Both verbal and written reports).
- Ensures compliance with all food and employee safety policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Special knowledge expertise.
- Customer service oriented.
- Analytical thinking.
Job Qualifications :
- Licensed Industrial Electrician.
- 3-5 years' experience as licensed Electrician in a manufacturing / industrial environment.
- Vocational school training in advanced electronics/PLC.
- Must be a results oriented individual who thrives on situations involving pressure
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- May require occasional shift work or weekends.
May be required to pass an approved test of advanced electricity and PLC principles, or otherwise demonstrate a high level of proficiency in these areas.
Certificates (Training provided) :
- Lift Truck.
- Propane Handling.
- Man Lift.
- Working from Heights Training.
Environmental / Working Conditions :
- Ability to work in and be exposed to heat.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Exposure to noise.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, bend and reach over and under all equipment on a concrete floor for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in high areas, freely move around the entire facility indoors and out as well as work in area of extreme heat.
Please submit your resume via this website.
Job Type: Full-time
- Licensed Electrician - manufacturing / industrial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial Electrician (Preferred)