ErinoakKids is currently seeking a dynamic individual to support children with special needs in community preschool settings through our Early Childhood Resource Services program in the Region of Peel. The successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as have a keen interest in working with children with special needs.
- With direction from the Resource Consultant, support the introduction of strategic approaches or interventions by coaching, modeling or direct instruction in a child care setting in order to build capacity within the team and child care program.
- Work as part of a child care team, participate in all duties and daily routines within a child care program.
- Assist, collaborate and communicate closely with child care staff to foster and facilitate the inclusion of children with special needs in all aspects of the child care program.
- Support a team approach for collaboration and partnership with program staff, Resource Consultants and families.
- Actively promote the inclusion of children with special needs in community preschool programs in the Peel Region.
- A college diploma or university degree in Early Childhood Education; an ECE accreditation is considered a strong asset;
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Education is required.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of parents, caregivers, children, professionals and community members;
- Knowledge of child development, family dynamics, and early learning;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good organization and planning skills;
- Varied experience with preschoolers and with children with special needs;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment;
- Ability to work a variety of hours;
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent