Registered Nurse (RN), 12 month position, w/Foot Care experience
1.0 Full-Time Temporary Position (37.5 hours weekly)
As a key member of Connexion Family Health Team (CFHT) and an integral part of our interdisciplinary health care team, you will deliver Registered Nursing care in accordance with FHT policies and professional practice standards. You will perform routine RN duties and ensure that the medical needs of our patients are met.
Your primary role (3-4 days per week) is to work in partnership with physicians, nurse practitioners and other health providers to perform patient assessments, provide treatment/management, advocacy, collaboration and referrals. You will provide health education to our patients with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease management as well as lead and participate in programs (Diabetes Management, Well-Woman, Immunizations) currently being implemented in the Family Health Team.
You will also be responsible in operating a Foot Care Clinic 1-2 days per week. Foot care experience is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Treatment and Management
- Education and Advocacy
- Administration and Reporting
- Developing and Implementing Programs
- Well-Woman Clinic appointments
- Foot Care Clinic appointments
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adjust language and terminology to suit the individual patient or patient group
- Strong clinical skills and to demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Autonomous and able to function with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Experience with scheduling and electronic medical record keeping using a clinical management system is an asset; PS Suite EMR
- Bilingual (French and English) for verbal communication is preferred but not required.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing would be an asset
- Registered Nursing Diploma
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification, training and documented experience in Foot Care services
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse would be an asset
- Previous experience in the acute care sector; demonstrated clinical competencies related to the provision of foot care, previous experience with Geriatric and Diabetic populations considered an asset; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
- Hours of Work – 37.5 hour work week with one evening shift (11a-7p, Wednesdays) per week
- Salary: $66,924.00 - 73,320.00, based on RN experience
- Sabbatical Leave, temporary position (12 months)
- To begin as soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Foot Care (Required)
- Nursing (Required)