TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
NH WHS HEALTH,SAFE&PREV
REGIONAL MANAGER, HEALTH, SAFETY & PREVENTION
JULY 17, 2020*
The Advisor – Health, Safety & Prevention (HSP) together with the Workplace Health and Safety Team, works to strengthen Northern Health’s Culture of safety. The incumbent interprets the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, Workers Compensation Act and other related safety legislation to help guide organizational customers in their practice of occupational health and safety. Additionally, the Advisor collaborates with leaders and representatives from operational and corporate services to assess, plan, develop, implement, sustain, evaluate, and continuously improve an integrated system-based approach to occupational health and safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences preferably in a health and/or occupational health and safety related discipline, or a recognized equivalent e.g. OHS, kinesiology, nursing, biomechanics, occupational hygiene.
- Five (5) years recent related experience preferably in a health care setting with knowledge of the development, implementation, and evaluation of OHS programs.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort.
- Experience coordinating and delivering training/ education programs in large, complex organizations
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Professional accreditation (CRSP, CSP, CIH, ROH, ASA) is an asset.
- Diploma/certificate in Adult Education and/or Occupational Health & Safety an asset.
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, Workers Compensation Act, and
healthcare union collective agreements.
- Ability to apply Health and Safety Management System concepts/systems approach.
- Solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process; knowledge of change
management principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of current health care issues and trends.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and foster effective working relationships
with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in the face of changing priorities and unforeseen circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, working with and through others.
- Effective facilitation and coaching skills both in groups and one-to-one.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Northern Health.
- All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT