An opportunity exists at Mainroad East-Kootenay Contracting LP for Highway Maintenance Driver/Labourers. These are auxillary, on-call positions, based out of our Sparwood yard, for the duration of the winter season until approximately March 2020.
Drivers will be responsible for operating & driving sanding, plowing, and salting trucks during snow events. Drivers will be placed on a call-out list and contacted when a snowfall event starts or is anticipated.
The successful candidates shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 3 driver's license with Air Brake Endorsement and a clean driver's abstract
- Ability to drive a truck, run a loader, and proficient in driving standard transmission
- Ability to work on call shifts 24/7
- Previous experience in construction and/or highway maintenance is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn quickly
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated and committed to providing safe and reliable highways for the driving public
Job duties include the following:
- Sanding, plowing snow, and salting highways/roads during snow events
- Clearing of litter, debris, and roadkill
- Operating and driving trucks to haul material
Please forward your resume and driver’s abstract. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- highway maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement (Required)