The Project Manager leads the overall management of multiple projects simultaneously and is the integral point of contact with Steelway customers and all internal departments.
The Project Manager is responsible for the precise execution of Steelway’s sales contracts. This includes building scope, management of change orders, project timelines, and milestone payments - all while ensuring project profitability.
As part of a skills based team, this role partners with internal departments ensuring customer requirements are handled in a timely manner thereby mitigating project risks.
Partner with Steelway’s customers to convert orders into buildings that can be manufactured in the shortest cycle time possible. Manage the precise communication of delivery timelines and the customer’s delivery expectations throughout the order fulfillment process.
- Leads projects and manages the relationship between Steelway customers and internal staff, ensuring enquiries and issues are resolved promptly while providing excellence in Customer Service.
- The Project Manager provides leadership and guidance to the Coordination Team, which consists of representatives from; Sales, Estimating, Drafting & Engineering, Production, Shipping, Materials Management, Finance, ExSteel and Zelus.
- Ensure customer’s project meets their requirements on time with the best outcome for Steelway with a thorough understanding of the project and project schedule.
- Lead the Project Coordination Team to create and execute a plan to mitigate project risks by prioritizing projects and working collaboratively with all Steelway departments.
- Ensure that all customer concerns, problems, changes, back charges and extra costs associated are managed in an efficient and ethical manner in accordance with our Steelway Deficiency Procedures.
- Resolve customer issues related to materials, details and construction methods for the duration of the project. This includes post project and assisting customers on site when required.
- Build customer loyalty and represent the Steelway brand by acting as the primary liaison between the customer and Steelway.
- Manages several projects from project time of order through to project completion (post delivery customer service) by monitoring milestones, promoting cooperation and motivating through team involvement.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables by reviewing project details for accuracy, completeness, practicality and impact (specific review of contract, approval drawings and change orders).
- Implement and manage project change orders and interventions to achieve project output, ensuring all project milestones are met.
- Ensure that all departments and customers have their required reliable, accurate and complete information in a timely manner.
- Ensure enquiries and issues are resolved promptly to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Act as both a liaison and manager with internal departments and the customer.
- Provide input to assist The Project Coordination Team in prioritizing final delivery and internal work schedules.
- Meet with internal departments to determine what information may still be required for them to execute on their deliverables.
- Identify roadblocks and mitigate risk enough in advance to enable all departments to take preventative action.
- Communicate the need for and maintain a master list of specialized material and requirements and notify applicable departments.
- Guide the Project Coordination Team to create and execute plans for preventative action, as required.
- Manage customer concerns and charges in a timely manner in accordance with our Steelway Deficiency Procedures.
- Give value added service by providing assistance to customers over and above expectations, meeting with customer owners and employees, particularly site employees.
Functional Skill Requirements:
- Highly effective communication skills, both spoken and written, are paramount.
- Understand construction processes and construction management (site-work, tendering, contracts, specifications, etc).
- Understand manufacturing processes (tolerances, capabilities) and Quality Management.
- Strategic Planning and Business Management practical knowledge.
- Understand Metal Building construction methods and details.
- Understand Conventional construction methods and details.
- Have basic finance skills (understanding of revenue, expenses, income, margins, budgets, etc)
- Ability to empower, influence and work cohesively within a diverse team.
- Ability to prioritize work load, minimize risk utilizing time management skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft programs, Sharepoint, CRM and Bluebeam.
- Fluency in French (with technical / construction expertise) is an asset.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years commercial, industrial, agricultural, recreational or institutional construction experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience, ideally of concurrent jobs, PMP designation considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree related to Construction Management, Engineering or related education.
- Excellent internal and external customer relationship management skills.
- Basic drafting techniques (including AutoCAD and / or other drafting software.
- Demonstrated high-level time management and organizational skills.
- Generally involves working in an “office environment” however, will require site visits and visits to customer locations on a regular basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)