The Guest Service Agent at Elora Mill Hotel & Spa, make it their utmost priority to assist guests in many ways; with reservations, room check-in/out, information and other related duties- always in a prompt, courteous and professional manner consistent with a superior quality hotel operation.
Join us and be part of a fun and dedicated team and enjoy the many benefits available to Elora Mill team members- competitive wages, dining and accommodation privileges, quarterly prize draws, group benefits, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing personalized and exceptional guest service at every given opportunity.
- Meeting established up-selling and sales goals.
- Register guests and assign rooms.
- Accommodate special request whenever possible.
- Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations when necessary.
- Check out guests on a regular ongoing basis.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of room rack and packages, room locations, types of room and costs of various rooms.
- Liaison with housekeeping and other departments to ensure up-to-date guest room availability is monitored frequently.
- Perform office duties such as performing routine cash handling procedures, posting accounts; maintain keys for rooms and issuance of safety deposit box keys.
- Having a thorough knowledge of Elora Mills’ products and services.
- Suggesting additional products and services meeting our guests’ specific preferences.
- Assessing guests’ individual needs to meet standards for additional products and services.
- Actively seeking ways to meet guests’ product or service needs.
- Assist bell staff with luggage when required.
- Coordinate departmental request as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good problem-solving skills required.
- Must be well organized.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, adaptable individual who presents a clean, professional appearance at all times.
- Confidence in selling and up-selling products and services.
- Positive sales oriented personality.
- Desire to meet goals.
- Ethical and honest.
- Ability to tolerate standing for long periods of time.
- Dealing with seasonal temperature demands.
- Lifting to assist with luggage on an occasional basis.
- Grade 12 Education as well as tourism/hospitality courses at college/university beneficial.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel front desk experience or related college course.
- Switchboard knowledge and/or training required.
- Previous up-selling and/or sales experience is considered an asset.
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours
- Discounted/free food
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.50 to $16.00 /hour
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)