Canada Computers & Electronics is a retailer of personal computers, IT components, and consumer electronics. We strive to provide our clients with the latest and greatest technology and services for the best value. Our people are knowledgeable, passionate and go beyond expectations to delight our clients.
We offer the right platform and support for your professional growth and advancement. Join us today to launch your career with Canada Computers & Electronics!
We are currently hiring a Web Programmer to join our Head Office, located in Richmond Hill.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best web development practices
- Development of quality web-based business applications within the specified timeframe, exemplifying good coding practice based on industry coding standards and best practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications
- Create proper documentation and web standards while using version control for web developing
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability while testing new features to make rich enhancements
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Keep up to date with relevant web technologies & frameworks
- Work with marketing team and other web specialists including web developers and web designers to provide better solutions to our website
- Experience with web services and response processing (JSON for example) for dynamic page content
- Bat in computer science or a related field
- Have experience with version control tools (e.g. Subversion, Git)
- Experience with frameworks such as Zend, Codeigniter is a plus
- Excellent understanding of OO programming principle and MVC methodology
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures
- Experience with load balancer configuration and technical knowledge of it would be an asset
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques with multitasking skills
- Good communication and team player with good interpersonal skills
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canada Computers is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Canada Computers will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 2 years (Preferred)