For two decades, Pentagon Group has been providing key services to our various telecom partners. We pride ourselves on continuously exceeding industry Standards and Best Practices. At Pentagon Group, we deliver a dynamic and safety focused work environment. We are currently seeking Skilled Construction Labourers to join our fast-growing team.
Skilled Construction Labourer
Pentagon Group has immediate openings for Skilled Construction Labourers to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario. Candidates must be able to perform various construction tasks, including the use of landscaping and power tools (compaction plates, jumping jacks, cut saws, air compressors etc.). All applicants must reflect our company’s core values of professionalism, respect, punctuality, safety, and preparedness.
Responsibilities and Experience
- Carry out work safely, adhering to company and site-specific policies and regulations
- Accurately maintain vehicle records, work orders and timesheets
- Assist with traffic control as directed
- Operate equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Occasionally assist HDD crews, Aerial Crews, equipment operators and VAC truck operators.
- Maintain an active cellphone
- Other miscellaneous jobs assigned by the Supervisor
- Must have previous general labour experience in construction, landscaping, excavating, heavy equipment, and driving vehicles & trailers
- Ability to meet physical requirements (bend, sit, lift, and stand for prolonged periods of time) and safely lift 65 lbs
- Commitment to a safe work culture
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract – AR license preferred
- Must have own transportation to travel to the warehouse/office where company vehicles are provided.
- Experience with mini excavator preferred
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
How to Apply
Applicants must send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a driver’s abstract and criminal records check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
Personal protective equipment provided or required.
Social distancing guidelines in place.
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
Rapid tests available on site.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction: 1 year (preferred)