Req ID: 21659
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 07/15/2022
The City of Mississauga is looking for a passionate and talented IT Network Specialist to join our Network Voice team. Under the direction of Network Services Voice Supervisor, Enterprise Network & UC Support, the Unified Communications Specialist is responsible for the administration, configuration, maintenance and support of telephony and contact centre services, as well as collaboration and audio/videoconferencing platforms across the enterprise.
This position will be required to work in a hybrid work arrangement. Our offices are located at Mississauga City Hall, 300 City Centre Drive in Mississauga.
The successful candidate will:
- Achieve service excellence as part of a high-performance team working with 50\50 operational work and project delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of motivation and professionalism as well as ability to work with various IT groups and client facing teams is essential.
- Participate as a team member to provide Voice Services support to the business areas.
- Ensure 100% availability and acceptable performance of City technology by proactively monitoring all City Systems and applications and taking immediate remedial action to address any deficiencies.
- Responsible for maintaining all systems owned by the Network Voice team at an optimal level of performance.
- Develop, prepare and maintain supporting documentation of Voice infrastructure systems\ applications, SOP’s, configuration documentation, RFC’s.
- Proactively monitor automated alerts and respond with timely resolution to Systems deficiencies and problems.
- Occasional work outside of regular business is a requirement of the job.
- Excellent documentation skills, ability to create environment diagrams and systems documentation.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a group on projects with set timelines.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science, Networking, Information Technology or related discipline
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience in design, install, configure, troubleshooting:
- Unified Communications – CUCM, Gateways, CUBE, SIP Trunking PSTN /PRI/T1, Analogue Gateways, Cisco Expressway
- Call Centre – Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Scripting, Reporting, Administration
- Cisco Unity Connection Unified Messaging, Application IVRs, schedules user mailboxes
- Cisco and Microsoft video conferencing solutions
- Webex and Microsoft Teams Administration, Users and Services, Microsoft Teams Powershell
- Cisco Webex and Microsoft Teams PSTN Calling, Video conferencing , Meetings
- Experience with Voice infrastructure Certificates and Licensing Management
- VMware ESXi updates and configuration, deploying and installation of Virtual Servers
- Experience with Cisco integration with third-party applications, including call recording software (NICE/NRX)
- Must have solid technical, analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills and demonstrated ability to deal effectively with clients
- Possess expert troubleshooting and problem solving skills and ability to liaise with clients
- Excellent project management, communication and presentation skills are essential
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced changing environment and being part of a team to provide network design and implementation support
- Must be highly motivated and eager to work within a dynamic team to explore and collaborate on new solutions or innovative opportunities
- Service excellence and commitment to quality is essential
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic and excellent track record of success
1) Must be available to work evenings, flex shifts, extended hours and statutory holidays when required
2) Moderate lifting of equipment required
3) Possession of a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle will be required
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 83,485.00 - $ 111,315.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , Infrastructure Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.