Description: Vice President – Director of Business Development
Job Purpose: To build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism.
This position reports to the President of the company. The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing new business revenues through the development of prospects and qualified leads. Through a defined sales process this person will identify opportunities to present our company’s service offerings.
The job requirements entail completing the necessary sales metrics of cold calling into a defined vertical market, geographic region, or assigned marketing campaign. This position is a “lead generation”, cold calling, prospecting, hunter role focused on identifying and qualifying outsourced service opportunities. The Business Development Manager will be held accountable for achieving defined sales metrics.
- Develop a prospect pipeline in the BPO and call center space
- Prospect with a pre-defined account list to identify qualified leads.
- Initiate and drive the discovery process on all new accounts.
- Work with VP Global Sales and Sales organization in order to identify and secure new clients
- Quarterly reviews with senior management team to review progress towards achieving the strategic plan
- Establish strong relationships with the prospective decision makers and end users of the services we provide and work with VP Global Sales to secure new client commitment
- Establish prospect relationships that enable on-going opportunity identification and advocacy.
- Perform any other job related duties that may be assigned by management.
Key Results Areas:
- With manager develop a detailed prospecting plan for each industry and/or service vertical within the first 30 days
- Build a significant active prospect list to nurture for opportunities. The company is well positioned by capability and relationship to competitively respond.
- Will work with the President to identify new prospects and opportunities
- General performance expectations to drive overall sales and revenue goals include:
- 50 Prospecting dials per day
- 3 Prospect conference calls per week – 12 per month
- 4 RFP’s / Proposal Opportunities per month
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree required
- Four Year College Degree highly preferred
- Experience selling Call Center / BPO services absolutely required. No exceptions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Documented track record of success in sales prospecting
- Aggressive, energetic self-starter
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with customers
- Creative thinker
- Good customer relationship building experience
- Goal and results driven
- Independent worker
- Able to follow through and complete tasks on time
- Able to manage projects effectively
Please email your CV and resume
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year
- Call Centre Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 2 years (Preferred)