Responsible to coordinate the development of all required shop and erection drawings from engineered drawings using third party Detailers or in-house detailers.
The prospect candidate must have the skills to design standard/ custom connections optimal for fabrication, transportation and erection. The detailer must have experience with designing pre-assembled sections to best capture opportunities to save time in fabrication/ erection.
- Must have at 5 years plus experience as a steel detailer
- Post-secondary, CET or equivalent experience in structural engineering or similar; Certificate through National Institute of Steel Detailing (NISD) an asset (level 3)
- Define the scope of the project with the estimating team
- Steel detailing using AutoCAD, Tekla™ or Advance Steel™ for small projects
- Create in house shop drawings/details for fabrication as required
- Liaise production, perform checks and ensure accuracy of shop drawings from 3rd parties if required
- Send in RFI's, track and ensure they are closed as per the quality procedure
- Coordinate and monitor approval process.
- Carry out any checks required for developed shop drawings (in house/ 3rd party)
- Liaise with the engineering team for stamping, checks and approvals.
- Monitor all drawing submissions to the shop and to clients. Monitor and expedite all aspects of the approval process (Document Control)
- Prepare Steel details as per CISC Standards
- Prepare structural models and layouts
- Ensure all inhouse and 3rd party departments have the latest sets of specs and drawings
- Prepare assembly drawings and erection diagrams, bolt lists, and BOMs
- Develop or prepare electronic files for CNC equipment as per erection sequence
- Provide necessary bills of drawings and materials for shop and field sequencing: purchasing, cutting, fitting, welding, shipping
- Resolve, track and document site or shop drawing/ misfit and design issues
- Lead review and check client drawings and comments for any potential changes to scope of work and extras.Initiate tracking and estimating the extras.
- Solid understanding of and able to interpret architectural, structural drawings and contract specifications.
- Must have ability to hand sketch
- Must have connection design experience
- Understanding of tolerances and the impacts of material processing techniques
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Must have solid and proven understanding of engineered, welded and fabricated steel structures and connections
- Continuously seeking improvement of processes.
- Organized and systematic
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Competitive wage package with benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Travel and accommodations costs if required are covered by TAZARMC.
TAZARMC Inc. would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes may be retained for future opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,000.00 to $62,000.00 /year
- Drafting: 5 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD/ Tekla: 5 years (Preferred)