The role of door & window salesperson encompasses a variety of tasks to be completed in a timely and efficient manner. First and foremost, as a key member of our fenestration department, our salespeople are required to aid customers in the selection of appropriate products to suit their needs. Other tasks include project estimating, rekeying of locksets, purchasing and receiving, setting and maintaining production schedules as well as extensive product knowledge training. As a salesperson in fenestration, a successful application will need to keep themselves up to date on evolving regulatory restrictions, follow detailed requirements in regards to building code compliance, and work in close conjunction with others to provide the highest quality products and services attainable.
- Estimating and plan reading skills an asset
- 2+ years of customer service related experience
- Door and window specific knowledge an asset but not required, training will be provided.
- High school level
- College training an asset
- High level of self-direction required to maintain workload
- Capacity for critical thinking required for solving challenging customer requests.
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers/clients
- Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork/products
- An enthusiasm for working collaboratively with key personnel
- Proficient numeracy skills
- Showroom / Sales office setting
- Tasks frequently fluctuate between repetitive and complex
- This position is prone to frequent distractions
- Dust and other irritants may be present
- Weekends will be required
- One-on-one training provided
- Above average benefits package offered at no cost to the associate
- Friendly work environment
- Opportunities exists for advanced skill development
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)