Pro-Demnity Insurance Company is a professional liability insurer to architects of Ontario and operates under a mandate legislated by the Government of Ontario.
We are looking for a junior legal assistant with 3-5 years of insurance defence litigation experience to join our growing in-house legal team.
The position is permanent full-time. A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience, in addition to benefits.
In this role you will:
- Draft correspondence and legal documents
- Communicate with clients, counsel and other third parties
- File legal documents and pleadings with the court
- Organize and maintain litigation files from opening to closing
- Maintain and update legal file lists and internal databases
- Monitor case schedules and filing deadlines
- Manage in-house legal calendars and schedule Examinations for Discovery, court appearances, meetings, conference calls
- File, print, bind, and perform other administrative tasks, as required
- Be flexible to the changing demands of the job
Your Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary accreditation for legal assistant, with minimum 3 years of litigation legal experience
- Have superior organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Be analytical and have excellent time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills including experience with MS Word, Outlook, GSuite and Primafact
- Customer-service oriented with superb communication skills
- Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative
- Able to work independently with minimal direction, and as part of a team
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the Rules of Civil Procedure, including court procedures
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills
Eligible candidates MUST have experience and a diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution.
While all applicants are appreciated, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
No phone calls. No agencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent