PEREGRINE - Burnaby, BC 5 MAY 2019
Peregrine, operating for over 38 years, is the largest manufacturer of custom high-end retail environments
in Western Canada. Serving clients primarily in the retail and banking industries, Peregrine has worked
with leading brands, including Saje, Lululemon, Kit and Ace, Aritzia, BMO, Vancity, and MEC.
In 2017, the company acquired Acorn Wood Designs. Acorn was founded in 1984 and specializes in
precision architectural millwork for the hospitality industry. Its high-quality woodwork can be seen in many
restaurants throughout Canada and USA including Joeys, The Keg and Earls.
We are adept with hardwoods, laminates, solid surfaces, plastics, glass, lighting, metals and print. Our
expert teams specialize in creating unique fixtures, merchandising systems and signage in our 50,000
sq/ft facility in the heart of Metro Vancouver.
We are looking for a General Labourer + Forklift Operator. The ideal candidate should be reliable, self-motivated,
mechanical and organized.
We expect dedication, reliability and impeccable attendance - you should expect respect, appreciation, recognition for
your work ethic and enjoy a friendly, safe place to work.
Duties to include:
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Perform deliveries and pick-ups according to schedule
- Experience with hand power tools (construction, woodworking, fabrication, manufacturing, etc.);
- Able to lift 50+ pounds, sometimes repeatedly;
- Climb up/down a 6 foot ladder;
- Valid Driver’s license + clean driving record;
- Stand for 8-10 hours per day;
- Record of working safely and maintaining good relationships on the job;
- Follow written and verbal instructions;
- You should be comfortable working at a fast pace while:
striving for top quality
maintaining acute attention to detail
meeting project deadlines
Additional Skills & Experience:
(considered a plus)
- Ability to drive a forklift;
- Creative or artistic;
- Plastics or wood production or fabrication experience and knowledge a definite asset.
$14 - $18 per hour (commensurate with experience)
Full-time position - Monday to Friday. Morning and Afternoon shifts available.
Apply to this position by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “General Labourer + Forklift Operator " in the subject line of the email.
No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.