Our recycling centres offer customers a bright, clean and well-organized way to recycle on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island.
By making recycling a positive experience, we hope that we’re able to encourage more individuals to do their part, thereby benefiting all of us – both locally and globally.
Our staff are an integral part of our operations, and keep things running smoothly by ensuring essential customer service, sorting, cleaning, and counting activities are completed efficiently and effectively. This position is the foundation of our team – without our staff, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do!
The Manager will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service, maintaining a clean and safe environment, managing 1-2 staff members and the overall operations of our facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The responsibilities of the Manager are :
- Plan, organize and oversee daily operations
- Maintain accountability and responsibility for specific tasks and outcomes
- Handle money
- Provide and complete various daily reports
- Performs store opening and closing procedures in alignment with company standards
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Complete paperwork accurately
- Order supplies according to warehouse demands
- Respond to and resolve inquiries, complaints and problems
- Create a positive work environment to withhold high staff retention and an excellent customer experience
- Recruit, train, encourage and motivate employees
Job Requirements skills:
- Accurate sorting and counting ability
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain stamina
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Computer experience
- Conflict management – ability to resolve issues with customers or staff
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others
- Police Information Check
Who you are:
- You possess confidence, drive and enthusiasm in your skills and abilities
- You have a strong decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- You have strong planning and organizational skills and business acumen
- You are resourceful, resilient and hardworking
- Work 40 hours of week - 5 days a week.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs
- Must be able to walk and stand for 8hours a day
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- retail management: 1 year (Required)
- leadership: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)