Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
La version française de cette offre d'emploi est disponible: Version française - cliquez ici
This position will enable the candidate to develop their technical foundation of our products from the manufacturing to the end-use. Through exposure to different functions in the company and projects and responsibilities, the candidate will develop a better understanding of our business as well. The program provides rotational exposure to a variety of work environments such as Sales and Marketing, Product Development and Labs, Field Operations, Manufacturing, and Technical Services, as such, it is required that the candidate have both the ability and desire to be mobile within Eastern Canada for future assignments.
The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to Lafarge safety policies in all work environments.
- They will also ensure that all aspects of their role are executed in a safe manner.
Performance and optimization
The candidate will be asked to analyze and compare concrete test results with Standards, tolerances and targets to ensure product performance (cement & slag).
- He/she will provide regular feedback on product performance and any deviations in results or trends to the Technical Director.
- He/she will participate in cross-functional product quality committees and will be expected to keep up to date on the performance of Lafarge and competitive products.
- The candidate will assist in R&D projects by coordinating product development efforts between sales and production including the design of experiment and analyses of data for conclusions and recommendations.
- In some cases, the candidate will support the R&D initiative by conducting the actual testing requirements.
- He/she will also support the development of information to promote new uses for existing products and their successful market introduction.
The candidate will be asked to assist the Technical Services Engineer and Technical Sales Representatives in resolving regular customer product problems.
- He/she may help in providing assistance to customers with cement, cementitious, concrete and mortar issues.
Relationship with Others
This position will interact/collaborate with the following functions:
Montreal lab supervisor and technicians
Technical services/sales representatives
Quality department at the different cement plant / grinding stations
The candidate is responsible for:
Collecting and analyzing data,
Providing feedback on cement product quality and uniformity,
Actively supporting the development of new product and / or service offering.
- University degree in Engineering (civil/chemical preferred).
Ability to communicate effectively in French and English.
Knowledge on analytical techniques and instrumental analysis.
Knowledge and experience in cement, concrete and/or aggregate is preferred.
Familiarity with basic statistical analysis and mastery of MS Office an asset.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and process-oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong drive to learn our business.
Additionally, the candidate must be able to:
Work well as part of a team and independently,
Work in outdoor and indoor environments,
Perform a variety of tasks, including moderate to heavy lifting.
Drive for Results
Integrity and Trust
Learning on the fly
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Lafarge Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, customers, contractors and vendors. As such, in keeping with the requirements of our industry associations, partners, and clients across Canada, Lafarge Canada has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. As of October 1st, 2021, all new employees joining Lafarge Canada, subject to any requirement to accommodate pursuant to applicable human rights legislation, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.