Reporting to site supervision, the role of Apprentice Scaffolder will be expected to start on September 9. This position will perform project work at our client’s facility located at Rocky Mountain House.
Quinn Construction Ltd.
Number of Openings:
- Must be a qualified Apprentice Scaffolder with a minimum of 2 years construction and/or plant experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alberta Drivers’ License and meet requirements of Quinn Approved Driver Program
- Able to meet requirements of Physical Demands Analysis
- Achieve 100% completion of mandatory Quinn and client training
- Pre-access Drug & Alcohol test
- Training Required: CSTS-09, H2S Alive, Fall Arrest (full), Confined Space (full)
- Able to safely erect, maintain, repair, and modify all types of industrial scaffolding with minimal supervision (i.e. towers, cantilevers, hanging scaffolds)
- Estimate scaffolding jobs effectively
- Identify ideal type of scaffolding material to use for the job (i.e. frame, tube & clamp, system)
- Effectively communicate scope of work to scaffolding crews
- Qualified to inspect and tag scaffolding accordingly
- Organize tool box meetings and ensure PTA cards are completed correctly
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, his/her own and others
- Work within a multi trade environment
- Highly organized with strong housekeeping skills
- Maintain relations with client and co-workers through effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain positive relations with client and co-workers
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Willing to assist with other duties as required
Quinn Construction Ltd., specializes in the agile delivery of turnaround services, capital project construction, mechanical support, pipefitting and welding, project fabrication and other client-specific needs.
Internal applicants must submit a Request for Consideration (FHR016) along with their application.
(ONCE PER DAY OR LESS)
(ONCE PER HOUR OR LESS)
(SEVERAL TIMES PER HOUR)
Lift or carry objects:
0 – 20 pounds
20 – 50 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Minimum 2 people required to move Loaded Wagon
Walk over uneven ground:
Up to 300 m.
Over 300 m.
Must look over both shoulders
Must work with both arms over head
- Work with arms at full length
Must do repetitive hand work
Must have full use of both hands
Operate motor vehicle (car/truck)
Operate mobile equipment (describe type)
Must work in very hot environment
Must work in very cold environment
Must work in confined spaces
Must work at heights over three (3) meters
Must wear a respirator
Must work in high-noise environment
Must work in isolation (no co-workers present)
- Task Hazard Assessment Required
Must stoop and bend continually.
Often work in awkward positions.
By signing this document, I acknowledge I understand the tasks, duties and responsibilities of the role related to the physical demands and I am able to safely perform all duties of the position as described by the physical demands analysis.
Licenses & Certifications
Scaffolder Yr 1
Confined Space Full
Fall Protection Full
CSTS 09 AND UP/WHIMIS