At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Information Systems, the Director, Information Systems, HCM is responsible for the day-to-day support, expanded use and enhancement/development of Chartwell’s HRIS platform, Oracle HCM Cloud. Modules including but not limited to:
- Core HR
- Recruitment & Onboarding
- Performance & Goal Management
At Chartwell, Oracle HCM Cloud is a new system with some modules not yet implemented. The Director will be an essential part of the product’s continued rollout including business case development and project participation. The Director’s portfolio continues to expand beyond the Oracle HCM Cloud platform and will include various scheduling, time and attendance and other HRIS relevant systems including Parklane, ADP and EZLabour.
The Director is responsible for the effective execution of Chartwell’s information systems mandate as it relates to other peripheral and/or integrated systems as they evolve. The Director will work closely with the Senior Director, Information Systems and their primary business stakeholders (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Operations and Finance) in the execution of the mandate, balancing achievement of our key results to grow earnings and create value for our unitholders, increase customer satisfaction\employee engagement and manage risk.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An expert in business systems, with hands on expertise in enterprise-wide system solutions and their development and deployment.
- Pragmatic, ensuring service levels are maintained to support our residences to run smoothly and enabling our corporate teams to effectively perform their job duties.
- An innovator and will instill in their team the need to design, configure and deliver simple and effective solutions that meet the needs of our operating platforms and functional areas, exceeding our internal and external customer expectations.
- Inquisitive, consistently and relentlessly digging in to understand what will help our residences to achieve results.
- Collaborative, working as a business partner to all areas of the business and ensuring all stakeholders are involved in decision making.
- A leader, fostering the Chartwell Beliefs in their team members.
- An effective manager of consulting arrangements and service level agreements with both internal and external service providers.
The Director must be able and willing to be both hands on and forward-thinking, understanding the detail and intricacies of our business systems while maintaining a “big picture” perspective, including both Chartwell’s business and technology strategies. Systems within the scope of the Director’s responsibility are largely Cloud-based but may integrate with other systems that include a combination of on-premises, SaaS and Cloud-based solutions.
The Director will lead 2 HCM teams critical to the success of our service delivery. The first is the HCM Business Support Services team, an experienced group of Business Support Analysts with specific subject matter expertise in the various modules that focus on business needs, requirements gathering, unit testing and quarterly regression testing. The second is the HCM Technical Delivery team, a group of System and Senior System Administrators with cross functional expertise focused on ongoing change management and technical support. The Technical Delivery team is led by a Senior Manager, reporting to the Director.
Through their interaction with the IT Service Desk, the Director will continuously improve service delivery to their internal customer base and work to ensure that Service Desk staff are thoroughly equipped to support Chartwell’s HRIS platforms. They will be the primary point of escalation for all production issues. With a hands-on approach, the Director is a problem-solver, an innovator and a strong business and technical partner to their teams.
The Director will understand and employ system development life-cycle protocols to deliver outcomes in the maintenance of production systems that minimize risk. They will support Chartwell IT general controls and ensure they are maintained. They will participate in audit activities, as necessary, in partnership with the Information Security team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in:
- Project management.
- Oracle HCM Cloud (Core HR, Benefits, Payroll, Absence, Learning, Talent Acquisition and Performance Management) or similar platforms.
- management of application maintenance (coordinating patching, patching cycles, maintenance downtime, performance with Oracle) and administration tasks.
- collaborating with internal stakeholders to provide support for applications and implementation / enhancement projects.
- managing service requests (SRs) with various vendors in Oracle Cloud operations, services availability and security.
- accountability with auditing end user accounts, permissions, and access rights to align segregation of duties and security profiles.
- accountability to deliver evidence of adherence to the change management protocols necessary to pass external audits.
- 8 or more years of progressive Information Systems experience working with Oracle HCM or similar implementations and support, most recently at a senior management / director level
- Strong background in human resources and payroll business processes.
- Experience in seniors housing, health care or real estate sector and/or multi-site enterprise, an asset
- University degree in a relevant field of study
- ITIL certification or applied knowledge, an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Provide ongoing support and troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem management
- Knowledge of HRIS extracts, mass data updates/uploads, BIP, Fast Formulas
- Coach and mentor support team. Act as a trusted advisor to business
- Experience in managing outsource service providers
- The ability to work independently, to be proactive and self-sufficient
- Effective communication skills that include strong written, oral and presentation abilities
- Pragmatic approach with a view to efficiency and cost-effectiveness in the administration of systems
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative with the resources at hand
- “Roll up the sleeves” style of leadership
- Ability to balance/prioritize multiple, simultaneous objectives
- Sound analytical skills
- Strong team player
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities. If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.