The Pension Administrator works in a team environment as part of Mercer’s pension administration Centre of Excellence. The successful candidate will be part of a team of consultants, analysts and administrators within the Retirement Risk and Finance (RRF) Business to provide high quality administration service to a portfolio of clients, demonstrating outstanding and timely customer service in all dealings with client contacts. To fulfill this role, the Pension Administrator will:
- Calculate pension benefits and prepare statements resulting from various events (termination of employment, retirement, death, divorce, transfer, etc.);
- Update client's database (data request and validation, use of various systems/databases, data processing and accrual of benefits and other pertinent information, reconciliation of membership, etc.).
- Prepare annual statements for plan members.
- Calculate pension adjustments (PA), pension adjustment reversals (PAR), and past service pension adjustments (PSPA).
- Prepare annual information returns.
- Understand the provisions of the plans and the various applicable laws.
- Create or modify calculation programs in order to respect the provisions of the relevant plans, laws, and administrative procedures.
- Support the senior administrators in the improvements of systems and procedures in order to enhance the work methods’ efficiency.
- Act as a resource person for the client on benefit calculations and other administration processes.
- Be prepared to administer plans that may contain complex features (flexible plans, executive plans, hybrid plans, etc.).
- May be involved in various special projects, including plan termination, early-retirement program, pension indexation, implementation of new plan provisions, etc.
- Manage workload and priorities, and coordinate certain projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field: actuarial sciences, mathematics, or administration.
- Work experience with defined benefit pension plans is a strong asset.
- Demonstrate the following competencies: strong analytical and organization skills, thoroughness, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work in teams, self-reliance, resourcefulness.
- Proficient with MS-Office software programs.
- Bilingualism (intermediate level).
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions;Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love, or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.