Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Product Manager, Kinesiology for our North York. ON head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for development, maintenance and growth of assigned product lines/product categories contributing to the overall marketing activities of these product categories.
He/she will work very closely with Teknion’s sales organizations to develop, grow and support these businesses for Teknion in all markets as appropriate.
He/she will be accountable to ensure the effective management and support of their assigned product lines, and ensure that product is brought to market in an effective and timely manner in line with the processes employed for Teknion products.
Support innovative marketing programs that explore and support new product / sales activities throughout the organization.
Product Marketing – Utilize the skills and knowledge of Teknion’s Manufacturing teams and translate to a focused message for Corporate and Regional Marketing teams to create marketing / sales support for newly launched products and programs.
- Develop product marketing plan and liaise with regional marketing on event campaigns to generate product awareness and demand.
- Plan product launch marketing activities (advertising, press, custom programs).
- Liaise with marketing communications to promote product.
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise.
- Conduct product presentations / training.
- Develop sales tools and sales training material (My Teknion, Teknion.com, and Social Media).
- Provide input for marketing collateral development.
- Implement marketing plan in conjunction with all departments.
Product Planning and Management – work within the NPI process to direct and communicate development activities and create product offerings in line with market requirements
- Working with Teknion Manufacturing, Steering Team representatives and Corporate Marketing Directors to guide and execute the long-term strategy of the product and create buy-in for a prioritized product road map.
- Prepare Product Directional Outlines to drive product activity and corporate buy-in.
- Work with Finance to develop margin and ROI analysis, pricing strategies and sales forecast.
- Liaise with various design engineering / manufacturing teams & product development team to create product offering / structure etc.
- Manage and communicate with cross functional teams.
- Oversee and control Product Data structure with Visio / Lucid Chart structure.
- Work in conjunction with other product categories to ensure marketing synergies and improved visibility for Teknion’s ancillary products.
- Act as an advocate for the product/ category vision and its implementation plan with employees, customers, distributors, partners and suppliers.
Manufacturing – Connection with manufacturing facilities to continue to streamline offering and provide opportunities for margin increases
- Monitor product inventory turns and provide deletion recommendations.
- Interface with manufacturing to understand product related opportunities to reduce cost, lead time and improve quality.
Dealer and Customer Support – Provide support within the dealer community to advance knowledge and visibility of the category
- Support sales pursuits with client facing presentations and RFP responses.
- Gain understanding of overall product related customer experience.
- Manage product-related support, feedback and inquiries from users.
- Co-ordinate market research to track customer and end-user feedback.
- Use market feedback to inform product refinements and ongoing development.
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of increasingly more senior experience in a Product Marketing / Product Management / Business Development role in an industrial, business-to-business environment.
- Understanding of ergonomics and the application of ergonomic principles in product design.
- Experience developing or selling Seating, Height-Adjustable Tables, Monitor Arms, Task Lighting is seen as a significant asset.
- Experience in an international organization, specifically interfacing with a US or international division.
- Experience in organizations with design driven products, and a technology/engineering orientation.
- Experience in the Contract Furniture Systems business preferred.
- Business Development – identifying, validating and developing new business and product opportunities.
- Product Management – developing, implementing, and monitoring product marketing plans and strategies.
- Product Launch – has managed the product cycle and launch of new products successfully
- Pricing – experience developing and managing complex pricing strategies.
- Has led a major change initiative with a focus on driving innovation and creativity within an organization
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Visio with exposure to databases and statistical analysis software
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent