Position Title: Facility Cleaner and Labourer (Full-Time with Benefits)
Start Date: November 1, 2019
Location: Pine Valley Drive & Rutherford in Woodbridge, ON
About Earth Rangers
Earth Rangers is the kids’ conservation organization, dedicated to educating children and their families about biodiversity, inspiring them to adopt sustainable behaviours and empowering them to become directly involved in protecting animals and their habitats.
Kids love animals and want to protect them; it’s that simple. It’s also the reason why over 100,000 of them from all across Canada have become Official Earth Rangers. Our Membership Program provides children with tangible activities, real-life conservation projects and engaging online content. But more than that, it provides a sense of belonging, optimism and proof that when we all work together, we can make a difference.
We are seeking a full-time cleaner and labourer to work five days per week from 7:30AM to 3:30PM (40 hours/week) responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Earth Rangers building while also ensuring our sustainability objectives are satisfied.
- The cleaner and labourer reports to the Facility Manager and performs a variety of routine housekeeping and janitorial duties as directed or assigned, including, but not limited to:
- Clean offices, meeting areas, common areas, washrooms, kitchen, cafeteria dust, sweep, scrub, mop, vacuum, wax, polish, wash floors, walls, partitions, sills, woodwork, fixtures, windows, mirrors, and all general surfaces
- Clean staircases and hard to access areas
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Clean and disinfect public areas such as boardrooms, office, and gyms
- Remove and dispose of waste, recycling, organics and other materials daily
- Clean and stock washrooms, unclog toilets, clean showers and lockers, replenish tissues, soap and other supplies
- Assist in cafeteria/kitchen duties
- Perform a variety of other duties as requested
- Reports to work each day and on time
- Takes initiative and is detailed oriented
- Computer skills would be an asset
- Valid G license would be an asset
- Employee must comply with proper safety and sustainability policies and procedures as required (i.e. when using cleaning chemicals, reporting incidents).
- The employee must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Minimum 1 year experience in cleaning/janitorial/maintenance environment. Police back-ground check is a must.
- Ability to follow instructions well and to deliver excellent results in a timely manner
- Passion for the environment a definite asset
Earth Rangers is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Earth Rangers is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Job Type: Full-time
- cleaner: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Woodbridge, ON (Preferred)