Dunwald and Fleming is currently seeking a Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our Calgary, AB office.
Dunwald & Fleming Enterprises Ltd. has been in business for over 40 years with a focus on high quality delivery of projects for our clients. Dunwald & Fleming is a Calgary based company with our shop and office located in NE Calgary. Our personnel are based in Alberta and our ownership is 100% Alberta residents.
We take pride in providing the highest possible level of service to our clients. Dunwald & Fleming offers a challenging and rewarding business atmosphere to those who value teamwork, integrity, and diversity. We actively encourage our employees to contribute their diverse strengths to the team. We recognize the individual needs of our staff while supporting and assisting them to reach their full potential and career path
Our business has been mainly focused on installation of natural gas transmission and distribution lines within the province of Alberta. Our construction scopes of work have taken us to the southern end of the province to complete HDD’s across irrigation canals, pipeline construction in Fort McMurray area and installation of 24 NPS steel in and around the City of Calgary.
Heavy Equipment Technicians must:
- interpret work orders and technical manuals
- diagnose faults or malfunctions
- adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers' specifications and legislated regulations
- write service reports
Maintenance and repair of equipment and vehicles may include:
- internal combustion engines and components, both stationary and mobile
- ground engaging equipment and components
- earth moving equipment
- off-highway motor vehicles, trucks
- towed off-highway vehicles, trailers * Consult with Shop Foreman regarding all repairs and the extent of repairs necessary
- Responsible to ensure all work is completed in a safe manner
- Perform work in either shop or outdoor construction site settings
- Assist with other duties as required
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in heavy civil construction
- Journey-Certified Heavy-Duty Mechanic/Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
- Must have a valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to data entry digital documents
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- The successful candidate must successfully complete a site pre-access drug, alcohol test & 50lb Fit Test
- Ability to work cooperatively independently and with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Typical work week is Monday to Friday 8 hours per day but must be able to work shift work as required, including being available 7 days a week 10 – 12 hours a day
- Ability to work in shop and outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding.
- Requires standing and bending over for extensive periods of time. May often require crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting.
- Requires working at heights, climbing and descending ladders frequently.
- Candidates should be able to lift weight (50lbs), able to work on heights
- The candidate must be willing to travel and work away from home. Experience in the oil and gas industry working with pipeline equipment is essential. Welding capabilities would also be an asset.
· Excavators, Side Booms, Grader, Back Hoes, - Case, Yanmar, Caterpillar, John Deer, Hitachi, Kubota, Kobelco,
· Horizontal Drills – Vermeer, Ditch Witch
· Compaction – Allied, Hudco, GenPac, Tampers, Wacker Neuson, Atlas Copco,
· Farm Equipment
· Compressors – 185 – 750 +
· Light Towers – Magnum
· Generators all makes and sizes, mostly Honda
· Fleet pick up Trucks
· Trailers all sizes
· On and off Highway Heavy Duty trucks equipment/pipe Hauler etc
Job Type: Full-time
- Off Road Construction : 5 years (Preferred)