Dispatcher/First Aid Attendant:
Castle Mountain Resort is currently looking for applicants to fill Dispatch/First Aid Attendant positions for the 2020/21 Winter season. Castle Mountain is a small, community resort with a big mountain feel. We are a hard-working team in an extraordinary environment. CMR's Mountain Safety provides an unmatched opportunity to train and prepare for future careers in the avalanche industry. Come be part of our small team!
Benefits of working at Castle Mountain Resort include::
- Hands-on first aid experience
- Room for advancement
- Paid training in November
- Downtime during the day
- 50% discount on spouse passes available in first year, 100% on second year of return.
Duties for Dispatcher/First-Aid Attendants include, but are not limited to::
- Facilitating operational communications between all outdoor operation departments
- Recording operational information
- Providing walk-in first-aid
- Acting as first-aid support for on-hill accidents upon arrival to the infirmary
- Maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the Infirmary
- Other duties, as required
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials, and should have the following characteristics::
Castle Mountain’s Mountain Safety Department provides::
- An advanced level first aid ticket (70+ hours; Industry, Pre-hospital, or Wilderness), or higher
- A valid CPR-HCP level (re-certification provided during staff training)
- Strong team member able to take direction
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised
- Professional, with a high value on customer service
- Nursing experience is an asset, but not required
- Communications degree is an asset, but not required
- Helly Hansen uniform piece
Starting pay for an entry level Dispatcher/First-Aid Attendant is $16.00/hour and is commensurate with experience and certification. The dispatch schedule is 4 on, 3 off and a 9-hour work day. Overtime is paid for work outside of this.
Castle Mountain Resort, end of Highway 774, MD of Pincher Creek Alberta. This is a remote location. Limited Staff Accommodation is available on-hill.
Period of Employment::
Tentative start date is early November 2020 with an end date in early April 2021. Please note this is a seasonal position.
Successful applicants will be contacted in mid-August to arrange a Skype interview for late in the month.