We are transforming delinquent customer engagement and treatment. Our clients in the telecommunication, utility, and financial sectors partner with Symend to effectively communicate with their customers who are past due on their bills. Today’s collections process is expensive, ineffective, and hurts consumers. We believe there is a better way to handle outstanding account balances by treating everyone in the collection process with dignity. Our goal is to empower companies and those who need their services.
Our data-driven technology focuses on customer behaviour to build campaigns that help solve the debt problem. We are committed to treating at-risk individuals fairly and with respect. We’ve spent the last two years building relationships with global companies and attracting top Canadian VCs. We have made our vision a reality and taken a leadership position in Canada. Up next, Symend plans to scale globally on our mission to positively disrupt the collections norm.
The User Experience and Usability Specialist participates in a cross-functional team through a collaborative design process to deliver rapid prototypes, user stories, concept sketches, experience storyboards, information architecture, interaction design and usability. This position requires both conceptual and detailed design thinking. This means defining user goals, scenarios, benefits, and flows as well as conceptual designs and prototypes. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate ideas quickly and interactively. In this role, concepts will be illustrated through sketches, mock-ups, wireframes, and rapid prototypes.
- Own the emotional aspects of the product to deliver captivating designs that meet business, project, and design goals, with the help of your extended team
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative design process with light documentation
- Provide interaction/visual specification with wireframes and workflow diagrams
- Work with the graphic design team to design our communities, from interactive mockups to final implementation
- Design blue-sky dreams AND immediately implementable, practical solutions
- Work closely with the product team, graphic designers, development and market research team members
- Negotiate and articulate the “why” of design decisions. You’ll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism
- Own the success or failure of the user experience and product usability
- Communicate, specify and describe your designs to researchers, developers, testers, PMs, senior leadership and other designers without ambiguity and within deadlines
- Understanding of all of the facets of the design process, and exceptionally talented and skilled in at least one major area (e.g. web software workflow design, or interaction and information architecture design)
- 3+ years of experience (or comparable) designing great consumer-facing or enterprise products
- Designed and launched multiple products/major features/apps from start to finish (and have the online/PDF portfolio to prove it)
- Demonstrable skill in identifying usability problems through testing, recommending solutions, and rapidly prototyping and validating
- Experience creatively solving hard problems; shipping innovative and complex products within deadlines
- Proven experience driving complex design issues across multidisciplinary groups such as Development, QA, and other designers
- User-centric approach to design and working understanding of how to apply user research data
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail to ensure that the experience delivered is ultimately emotionally irresistible
- Passion about data and data visualizations a plus!
Think you’ve got what it takes to fill this unique role? Please apply with your resume and your cover letter! No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.