Hendriks Greenhouses is currently recruiting for a Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing returns on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or a related field
- CPA-CGA designation preferred or working towards
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Complete understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead by example and mentor staff
We thank all that apply, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted
At Hendriks Greenhouses, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent