We publish INSPIRED 55+ Lifestyle Magazine monthly and produce the 55+ Lifestyle Show in Victoria and Nanaimo annually. Our office is based in Victoria. We have a solid 15-year history with much opportunity for company growth in the years ahead.
Your priorities will be to provide assistance to the company CEO. This will include answering phones, opening and sending mail, email, inquiries and concerns.
You will manage invoicing and payments with accuracy, as well as collection of late payments. You process all payments and put together deposits.
You will be responsible for maintaining our internet presence. This means competency with Wordpress to design and populate our website with articles, ads and interactive functions such as our event, housing listings, etc. We also use Facebook, Twitter and Linked In. We do not use these a lot but knowing how to post and expand our reach is of benefit. Being able to help us make better use of Linked in would be a great asset. We use Mailchimp for most of our marketing. You will be required to create and send out promotional and informational emails to various lists. We also use Wufoo for reply forms and Survey Monkey for surveys.
You must be comfortable greeting people (phone, email or in person), answering their questions, and a competent writer and clear communicator.
You will provide support to our sales department by maintaining and monitoring our Magazine Manager CRM system. You must be able to program pricing, create functional forms, be able to quickly search and sort data, create and export lists, create invoices and send, etc. We will train you on this system but having a keen interest in learning new software will be an asset.
Maintenance of our website includes uploading articles, designing and updating pages, moderating comments, approving events, improving our marketing impact, and helping us develop our overall online brand. You will be responsible for uploading our magazine as a PDF to our website every month and adding content from our magazine to our website, seeking additional content to support key topics, and working with advertisers to post educational articles.
You will support our semi annual tradeshow efforts by helping to create marketing materials, mailouts to past exhibitors, creating forms using Wufoo, promotional emails, invoicing exhibitors, collecting and processing payments, compiling data from submitted forms, promotion via social media and creating power point presentations for use at the event. You will help set up our booth and staff it, provide assistance to the event planner. You will maintain the website associated with our tradeshow. You may be asked to oversee prize draws, surveys, stage presentations, fashion shows, etc.
We have a 55+ Travel Club that has monthly newsletters and events several times a year. You will help to support the efforts to track and contact members as well as assist at any events.
Having basic Adobe Indesign and Photoshop skills will be an asset. You are responsible for managing our classifieds - contacting past advertisers for new contracts, taking orders, keeping accurate records of ad content and payment, designing the classified page using existing template and submitting it to the layout manager by deadline. You are also responsible for managing the housing listings that are printed twice a year in our magazine. You will gather the info, update the listings and layout the content using the existing template.
This job is 30-35 hours per week. Flexible hours may be necessary at times to meet deadlines.
Starting Wage: $18/hr
Please apply with cover letter, resume and references.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Managing our CRM system – learning new software and figuring out how to pull reports, streamline data on potential sales clients – producing invoices from this system (Magazine Manager). Invoice generation and follow-up requiring accuracy; includes referencing contracts, ensuring sales reps have correctly applied rates
- Managing our day to day mail, phones, email (Outlook)
- Managing our promotional emails (Mailchimp)
- Manage feedback and survey systems (Wufoo/Survey Monkey)
- Managing our Social Media outreach (minimal Facebook/Twitter)
- Managing collection including calling clients on overdue accounts
- Managing basic classified ad sales and online housing listings sales
- Manage our cloud storage – OneDrive, Sharepoint and Creative Cloud
- Basic Indesign pages – plugging new data into existing templates; creating the monthly classified page (calling old/existing clients for renewal); updating semi-annual housing listing pages published in the magazine
- We use an Office 365 environment. Most of our functionality and storage of documents is cloud-related.
- Help organize materials and assist at two annual Trade Shows in Victoria and Nanaimo, as well as at several travel club events per year
- Taking as much work off the shoulders of the owner as possible
- Working with current staff to streamline or modify work tasks so that we improve the functionality of the company, give our clients the best possible experience, look for ways to improve and expand how we do business, grow the company, maintain our reputation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /hour