Job title :COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PROGRAM SUPPORT
Facility :VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
We are seeking casuals to provide support for our Communicable Disease Program
This position performs administrative support functions related to the reporting of communicable disease in accordance with Interior Health policies and procedures. Performs duties such as word processing, communicable disease data entry, preparing routine correspondence and reports, developing and maintaining excel work sheets and work books, and other clerical functions related to the preparation, retrieval, and maintenance of records.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains data management software programs by performing data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information. Issues documentation as required. Prepares statistical
information by gathering and compiling data and developing charts and graphs using applicable software.
2. Sends, receives sorts and distributes sensitive, confidential correspondence such as faxes, mail, couriers, etc. Prepares packages for courier shipment as per IHA guidelines. Receives and priorizes distribution of materials/products to/from clients, business and others.
3. Performs records management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, preparing and archiving material. Conducts file searches and releases information for routine requests. Refers non-routine requests to Manager.
4. Performs general timekeeping functions including calling in relief staff from an established list, tracking hours worked and data entering timesheets, reviewing timesheets for accuracy. Communicates with staff in relation to these functions.
5. Initiates purchases via purchase card or purchase orders for supplies and checks invoices against orders; maintains inventories of supplies and forms by monitoring inventory levels, identifying requirements. Receives orders, distributes and stores supplies. Contacts suppliers to obtain and/or provide information. Reconciles purchase card statements.
6. Types general correspondence such as letters, memos, newsletters, forms, reports and documents. Prepares presentations and spreadsheets using a variety of software programs. As directed, arranges meetings, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates. Books travel arrangements for staff as directed.
7. Operates office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines and shredders. Carries out minor maintenance such as loading paper, removing paper jams, and changing toner cartridges. Requisitions repair and maintenance as per local procedure.
8. Assists with orientation of staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures. Provides input and feedback in relation to work procedures.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration certificate program, plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Ability to type at 45 WPM
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to problem solve.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to deal with the others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.