Centro Legal Works Inc. is a search house located in downtown Toronto. We provide search and registration services to legal, financial and business professionals and have been doing so for 24 years! We service over 400 clients located across Canada and the U.S. Our service areas include Corporate Searches and Filings, Business Registrations, PPSA, Court Records, Due Diligence searches, Document Legalization and Corporate Supplies.
Centro provides an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to gain experience in the legal industry. Be a part of a team that works with some of Canada’s largest law firms and help us obtain critical due-diligence information for our clients to close multi-million dollar deals!
The ideal candidate is someone who has a positive attitude and who is not afraid of hard work knowing it will add a rung in the ladder that will lead to a great career! Join a fun, fast-paced growing company that is known for quick, reliable service whose clients actually enjoy working with. You can be another reason why our clients choose Centro!
- Primary role would be working with our search team conducting searches at the Superior Court of Justice, Court of Appeal/Divisional and related courts and prepare search summary reports. (Courts are steps away from office)
- Order Court files, examine documents and make required copies.
- File court documents with Toronto Superior Court, Court of Appeal and related local courts.
- Communicate and coordinate searches with agents across Ontario and Canada and prepare search summary reports.
- Monitoring, organizing and prioritizing daily search requests received by email, web and phone.
- Document scanning and related general office duties.
- Assistance in other service areas.
- *This is an entry level position with potential for growth.
What you need
- Post secondary education mandatory.
- Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, or related legal education is a definite asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and work within strict timelines.
- Ability to process large amounts of information and prioritize requests effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent knowledge of database queries and online research functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe.
- Ability to work independently and be an effective team player!
- Located at University Avenue and Dundas
- Open concept office, no cubicles
- Team of 8
*Note: No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time