Reporting to the Integrated Director Mental Health Community Program and Services, the Clinical Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation and delivery of services at Northumberland Hills Hospital Community Mental Health Services.
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
Clinical Services Delivery/Program Planning and Evaluation of the Clinical Program by:
- Assuming responsibility for the clinical management of all the specialized clinical programs at NHHCMHS;
- Establishing and implementing service plans for clinical program(s) that incorporate psychosocial principles and the organization’s strategic plans;
- Formulating recommendations for improvement to service plans;
- Coordination of program activities with other clinical programs;
- Implementing mechanisms to ensure compliance with professional standards and accreditation requirements;
- Participating in the development of goals and objectives for the program which are related to patient outcomes and support the mission and strategic goals of the respective organizations;
- Maintaining procedures, manuals, and resource materials for the clinical programs;
- Using appropriate information technology and clinical information systems;
- Participating in the treatment and care of patients in the clinical program(s); and
- Participating in community development and service coordination activities;
Quality Management of the Clinical Programs(s):
- Establishing, supporting and maintaining mechanisms to ensure quality management based on patient-focused and continuous quality improvement principles;
- Evaluating program effectiveness on an ongoing basis and ensuring that the results of the program evaluation are used for further development and maintenance of programs;
- Supporting an environment which supports creativity and innovative clinical services delivery;
- Co-chair in the Director’s absence the Quality Improvement Committee and other assigned team meetings;
- Assisting with the statistical reporting requirements of the mental health programs; and
- Working collaboratively to ensure programs are positively contributing to the organization’s QIP.
Human Resources Management of Clinical program(s) by:
- Providing direct supervision of the professionals (including administrative management) from various disciplines;
- Facilitating effective use of resources and services within the program(s) overall budget and mandate;
- Hiring, training and evaluating professionals in the clinical program(s);
- Providing leadership in facilitating training; education and professional development of staff assigned to the clinical programs;
- Investigating and resolving complaints, disciplining and responding to grievances; and
- Supporting and encouraging discipline specific and peer review initiatives that are designed to maintain and promote professional standards and practices.
- Graduate degree in one of the social and/or health sciences.
- Registration with an accredited college (i.e.) College of Social Workers, Colleges of Nurses
- Responsible to recognize and report patient, staff, and environment safety issues, identify and implement preventative and corrective actions, within scope of this role;
- Extensive knowledge of clinical theory and practice in mental health;
- Progressively responsible experience in working with seriously mentally ill;
- Comprehensive and extensive knowledge and understanding of mental health policies, programs and systems, both institutional and community based; good understanding of government policies, procedures and legislation related to health care;
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and dynamics;
- Developed knowledge and understanding of planning and evaluation processes;
- Extensive knowledge of management theory and practice, organizational theory and process.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with excellent ability to plan, coordinate and implement;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Well developed leadership and supervisory skills.
Applicants wishing to apply for the above position are invited to forward their resume by November 22, 2019.
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Dr. Cobourg, ON K9A 5W6
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)