Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As a Senior Manager - Counseling Centres , you will be responsible for leading and supporting a group of Counselling Managers and Counsellors as they provide support to youth in Canada. Direct reports may be located at any office in Canada or work remotely. You must understand the big picture of the situation, and deal with multiple, complex situations at a time.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
As a Senior Manager - Counseling Centres, you will be responsible for improving counseling services by leading operational and strategic changes. All services are provided in accordance with the mission, vision values and established protocols of the Company.
What You'll do
· Manage direct reports. Ensure management, supervision and services are provided effectively across teams.
· Lead development and implementation of operational and strategic changes in area of scope.
· Work closely with Counselling Managers to ensure that standards are being achieved in key areas including quality, operations, training, budgeting and scheduling.
· Work closely with teams in Workforce Management, Quality Assurance, Training/Education, Human Resources and IT.
· Participate and lead projects.
· Monitor and develop reporting. Participate in developing policies.
What You'll Need
· Post-graduate degree in social work, counselling, psychology or other professional clinical degree.
· Applied knowledge of brief solution focused therapy and / or narrative therapy.
· Knowledge of social services sectors including child and youth groups.
· 5+ years of experience in social services sector
· 3+ years of supervisory or management experience
· Schedule flexibility is required. Most hours will be worked on weekday afternoons and evenings with occasional work days and weekends. Some on-call availability is required. Salary is based on a 35 hour work week.
· Experience improving or developing services preferred. Experience evaluating counselling interactions preferred.
· French and English bilingual is a must (written and spoken).
· Knowledge of laws and services directly affecting the lives of children and youth in Canada.
· Possess an acceptable "Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check" prior to starting employment.
· Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
You’ll already have the following:
· Strong risk assessment skills related to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Injury, Substance Use etc.
· Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
· Strong work ethic and professionalism
· Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
· Strong empathy and listening skills
· Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the team
· Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
· Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: * lastname_firstname_Senior Manager Counseling Centres Montreal *
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
The position will be posted until April 1, 2020.
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
Reference ID: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent