Boasting 95 years of success, Tepperman’s is the largest family owned and operated home furnishings retailer in Southwestern Ontario with stores in Windsor, Chatham, Sarnia, London, Kitchener, and Ancaster along with a growing eCommerce business. With over 500 employees and growing, Tepperman’s is currently in its third generation of family ownership and is uniquely positioned as a family brand that offers in-house financing in combination with value oriented price points.
Tepperman’s, a trusted community partner and a recognized leader in environmental sustainability, is in a period of unprecedented evolution, growth, and digital transformation as it embarks on aggressive operating and capital plans that are strategically aligned with our 2025 vision. The success and growth of our business starts with our culture and how we invest in our talented teams through the embracing of technological change and continuous learning. This success and growth ignites a burning passion that helps our teams exceed employee and customer expectations.
Reporting to the Director of Risk Management and Business Transformation, our ideal candidate brings demonstrated experience in operations support and a strong comfort level with technology and data related applications. This position requires the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholder to provide business intelligence and business analytics requests.
Your Characteristics and Responsibilities
You are an intellectually curious, collaborative BI professional that that has the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects with competing priorities. Having an exceptional attention to detail with a results oriented and analytical mentality will help you succeed in this role. Other characteristics that you should have are as follows:
Your Key Responsibilities would include:
- You're proactive and take initiative
- You're extremely resourceful
- You're tenacious & resilient, you can figure it out
- You are a ‘people-person’ and enjoy collaborating within a team environment
- Collaborating with various departments and personnel to provide innovative technology solutions to resolve growing intelligence and analytical needs.
- Execute and deliver continuous improvement programs for all data management, business intelligence and business analytics processes.
- Gather complex business requirements from various stakeholders by defining business problems and data requirements
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement innovative solutions including required reports and dashboards.
- Design, develop, test and support operational reporting and/or dashboard solutions
- Facilitate the resolution of data management issues, such as conflicting data ownership, data provision, data definitions and data usage
- Utilize project management best practices when executing business projects and initiatives. Effectively manage project resources and be able to plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using Tepperman’s procedures and policies.
Other Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field (Having a master’s degree in not necessary, but considered an asset)
- General IT Knowledge and project management skills and related tools
- Possess advanced knowledge in using desktop and collaboration software such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel), Microsoft Project, Google Drive, etc.
- Strong understanding of ETL, data warehousing and big data principles: logical and physical
- Minimum 2 years experience working with databases and developing complex queries, stored procedures, and functions using technologies such as:
- SQL Server, MySQL, TSQL and Rocket U2-Unidata
- Experience with enterprise business intelligence and information processing such as data integration, reporting and analysis with the following technologies:
- MS SQL Server (Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Strong Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools (e.g. MS BI Suite, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with web development using the following technologies:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website at www.teppermans.com/career.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should an accommodation be required.