- Maintains resident records and required documentation in accordance with policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Administers medications as prescribed and observes changes in condition resulting from medications. Monitors the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe residence environment for residents and personnel.
- Assists in ensuring that safe job routines are developed and followed. Recognizes safety hazards and takes appropriate action. Completes incident reports as appropriate.
- Supervises Personal Support Workers/Resident Wellness Aides/Attendants giving care and monitors any agency staff.
- Communicates with resident families. Keeps family members updated on any changes in a resident’s physical, emotional or mental status. Informs families of any appointments booked for a resident, medical or otherwise.
- Updates family physicians as requested or when a change in the resident’s status occurs.
- Completes staff and resident incident/accident reports and advises the Resident Wellness Manager or General Manager immediately of all staff incidents that may result in a WSIB claim, or other serious occurrences.
- Checks the charts of new residents for completeness.
- Assumes responsibility for the physical plant in the absence of the Resident Wellness Manager or General Manager. Investigates problems and reports immediately to the Resident Wellness Manager or General Manager. Reports any maintenance emergencies to the Environmental Services Manager, notes other issues in Maintenance Request Book.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.94 /hour