With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Junior Environmental Technician in Burnaby, British Columbia. The ideal candidate will have experience collecting samples and writing reports. The successful candidates will also possess a keen eye for detail and organization, demonstrate strong technical writing skills, and be a critical thinker.
- Diploma or higher post-secondary in Environmental Sciences or related disciplines
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Geomatics experience /training would be a strong asset
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- Demonstrated communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work in the office and field for extended periods of time (when required)
- Prepare various environmental reports
- Analyzing data following standard methods
- Collection and documentation of field data; along with field personnel data
- Keep up to date on industry guidelines
- Create high-quality content that conveys technical concepts
- Site visits to conduct file review and/or to complete site assessments may be required
This position will be based out of Burnaby, British Columbia. This position will be field based.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*