Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is seeking a high energy and dynamic healthcare leader to join its team in an exciting opportunity to serve as Regular Full Time Manager/Professional Practice Leader (PPL) for Respiratory Therapy and Clinical Resuscitation. In a key strategic leadership role, this position will provide leadership, direction, and professional oversight to a dynamic team of staff, across SHN. This position reports directly to the Director of Professional Practice and Allied Health, and Director of Critical Care.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
As an integral member of the Critical Care and Professional Practice Leadership Team, the Manager/PPL is an innovative clinical expert with leadership, clinical care and operational responsibilities. Operational responsibilities include human resource management, develop and administer the budget and planning process, staffing, and initiate and foster positive internal and external relationships to enhance collaborative decision making to delivery quality patient service/care. Clinical and professional practice responsibilities include overseeing and supervising clinical and professional practice, developing and supporting professional expertise in patient care and education by providing leadership and consultation, acting as a resource for staff, mentoring and coaching, monitoring performance and workload, ensuring quality staff and student educational programs, promoting clinical excellence and evidence based resuscitation practice, and assuming manager on call responsibilities.
With a focus on quality and patient safety, the Manager/PPL ensures that the daily delivery of Respiratory Therapy, and Clinical Resuscitation practices are provided according to the highest professional practice standards and regulatory requirements, and that all aspects of services are fully integrated to meet the needs of those we serve. The Manager/PPL in consultation with managers, directors and other practice leaders, works closely with their team to develop and integrate professional standards, ensure integration of collaborative, patient-centered care into daily practice, facilitate professional involvement in quality, education and research initiatives, align professional goals with the strategic directions of SHN, promote the profession internally and with external partners, and acts as a resource to programs and the organization for clinical practice, resuscitation education and training programs that are responsive to current and future learning and are based on current standards and evidence based practice.
- Completion of an accredited Registered Respiratory Therapy program
- Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario required
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree
- Completion of a Master’s degree program
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S) certification
- PALS, ACLS & NRP certification
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience such as a resuscitation program lead, educator role, or supervisory role
- Minimum 3 years recent acute care clinical experience
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of strong adult education principles
- Demonstrated excellent collaboration/interprofessional skills
- Demonstrated satisfactory job performance and attendance
- Evidence of strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and performance record
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients.
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapist
- Instructor status ACLS, PALS, NRP
- Experience with on-line learning modules (creating and developing)
- Experience with electronic documentation
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.