FairTradeWorks is a construction service for residential and commercial clients who are building new structures or renovating. Our portfolio is vast and ranges from the smallest bathroom renovation projects to heritage A restorations, to brand new luxury homes. Our goal is to make building and renovating enjoyable as well as successful and we need team members who want to assist in our long-term goal of being our client’s construction brand for life.
We don’t like to say we just ‘work’ at FairTradeWorks, it’s much more than that. Here at FairTradeWorks we are disruptors in the industry, we don’t just get through our workdays by being ordinary. We challenge our team to be the best at what they do. We invite only people who love to be the best they can be, who want to engage others and think out of the box.
A FairTradeWorks Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the management of the project including site management, site safety and project implementation – this can include skilled labor to quality control and trade management. This employee will be able to work from blueprints, specifications, drawings and instructions to design, build, remodel, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of facilities and structures.
Please visit our website for further information - www.FairTradeWorks.biz
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Blue Print reading, layout and planning of the day-to-day work
- Maintain project safety standards in accordance to FairTradeWorks and WorkSafe standards
- Performing standards of workmanship that meet the projects requirements that are consistent with industry best-practice
- Managing the crew to accomplish the task, including the teaching and mentoring of individuals in the crew that are less experienced
- Maintaining tools, cords and equipment so that they are kept in good working order and are safe for use
- Maintaining the work area(s) in a clean and orderly manner on a continuous basis
- Coordinating the work with the Advisor, and others that are involved in the process
- Creating lists of materials, supplies, specialty tools and equipment (proactively) that are needed to perform the work
- Consistently reporting for work on time and in appropriate attire
- Participating in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical, safety and supervisory skills
- Providing comprehensive daily updates to the relevant Advisors on project status
- Direct and supervise workers, sub-trades and other relevant building professionals
- Supervise all workers and sub-trades to ensure schedules and standards are met
- Be responsible for ensuring project budgets are adhered t
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Keep client’s project safe and clean and ensure all trades do the same
- Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines
- Minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience and a solid working knowledge of the specific work that is being constructed (i.e.: concrete form-work, drywall framing and hanging, etc.)
- The ability to read blueprints and specifications; to create material lists and to fill out time cards and other minor record keeping tasks
- Interpersonal competencies that include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, and being dependable and cooperation
- Must have current and valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be able to transport his own hand tools as well as company power and air tools
- Excellent command of the English language in both written and oral forms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate and current on new technology
- Must be hardworking and a problem solver
- Positive and upbeat attitude
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)