Description of the College
Fraser International College (FIC), in association with Simon Fraser University, offers university pathway programs to international students and is based on the campus of Simon Fraser University in Burnaby. FIC is managed by Navitas Limited with colleges in Canada, the USA, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences.
Overview and Objectives of the Position
In consultation with the Associate Director, Project and Partnership Development, the Project Coordinator will support a variety of local and global projects across Navitas’ business operations in fields such as new partnership development, shared service implementation, HR and business improvement.
The Project Coordinator will also have the opportunity to participate in the broader business development team analysis, research and planning activities. The position will include working closely with business unit staff, the Navitas partnership implementation team and other Navitas staff across all aspects of new and existing pathway operations including marketing, admissions, academic, student support, facilities, IT, and finance.
· Associate Director, Projects and Partnership Development
· Manager, Business and Financial Analysis
· Chief Operations Officer, Canada
· Vice President, Corporate Services
· Vice President, Marketing & Recruitment
· Chief Executive Officer, NA
· Partner University faculty and staff
· Executive/College Directors/Principals
· Willing and able to travel as frequent as needed
· Project coordination of corporate and operational business projects across Navitas North America, with support of the North American Leadership Team
· Project management and coordination of the initial implementation and ongoing development of new university partnership operations, including supporting the new partnership implementation team to ensure resources are available, tasks are executed, and project timelines are met according to priority;
· Coordinate the development and execution of project communications plans, including liaison with university faculty and staff at new partnerships and internal communications with Navitas staff globally;
· Identify best practice in common services, processes and systems and develop and maintain a repository of documentation of these processes and procedures;
· Contribute to business improvement projects and initiatives in existing businesses;
· Contribute to pitch decks for new partnership and expansion of services within existing partnerships;
· Develop projection models using excel and other available resources;
· Support other projects including research, analysis, and supporting the preparation of tenders, business cases, and financial reports;
· Assist in the preparation of presentations for Senior Management to aid strategic decisions, and
· Other duties as required
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years project management, preferably in a corporate or higher education environment
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and interact effectively and professionally with staff at all levels and adjust communication style to meet varying needs
· Experience with operational launches or in a start-up environment
· Broad understanding of multiple areas of business operations, including IT, finance, marketing and facilities planning
· Ability to lead and motivate a project team, work flexibly in an environment of large volume work flows and critical deadlines and a hands-on approach to problem solving
· Strong skills in project planning, fact-based analysis, negotiation, organizational development, business case building and general business management
· Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills
· High degree of computer literacy, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· Needs to be a self-starter who can shape and own projects with minimal supervision
· Valid passport and ability to travel within the US and Canada
· Legal right to work in the USA or Canada
· Project Management Professional designation or other relevant project management qualifications
· Prior professional work experience within the international education or higher education industry
· Prior experience in change management or communications planning
· Experience managing large-scale projects within multiple stakeholder groups
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
What We Offer
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Please send your cover letter, resume, 3 references in one file. Once you click 'Submit', the application will be sent directly to our Recruitment inbox.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal background check and professional references checks.
Please be advised that candidates with the legal right to work in Canada at time of application will be
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 /year