Audi Hamilton is looking for a motivated and experienced individual to work in the parts department of our beautiful new dealership.
Summary Strives to maximize efficiency and accuracy in fulfilling customer and service department requests. Focused on a high volume of parts sold. Effective in sales and performance management. Maintains a positive attitude and strives to satisfy service advisors, technicians and customers. Knowledge with working on a CDK operating system.
- Sells parts through the shop, by phone or over the counter to customers.
- Assist walk-in customers with the selection of parts.
- Provide price quotes and other related information via the telephone.
- Obtains parts manager's approval for any special pricing.
- Advises counterperson on delivery instructions.
- Follows up on parts orders to ensure that customers have been served properly.
- Coordinates service sales with service salespeople and aid technicians in determining parts required for repairs.
- Coordinate and follow the special-order parts program.
- Updates customer records to reflect changes to customers' names, addresses etc.
- Adds new customers to appropriate mailing lists.
- Provides guidance to outside sales reps regarding orders.
- Prepare orders daily for shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Retrieve parts purchased from stock.
- Review files regularly to keep track of back orders and returns to vendor.
- Issue credit for parts returned, ensure invoice items are on hand to verify purchase and pricing.
- Assist the parts manager in ordering stocked parts.
- Attend all department meetings.
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives and procedures.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Attends training seminars when possible.
- Acts as a public relations liaison for the dealership.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Familiarity with automotive parts and the automotive industry.
- 1-2 years of experience with automotive parts, an asset.
- Positive attitude, team player.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Computer savvy.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Capable of stocking heavy parts.
Compensation will be competitive and based on the experience, skills and qualifications of the candidate.
Job Type: Full-time