Focus Project Services is a specialist project advisory and delivery firm offering professional and quality services to clients in various industries.
We oversee various types of projects with confidence and clarity for clients who need their work delivered on time, on budget, whilst exceeding expectations. We are proud of the service we provide and the good relations we’ve established with our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Management of Change (MOC) specialist to join our team. This position is a Calgary based position with some occasional field trips.
The MOC Specialist will work closely with the project manager, construction manager and other team members to proactively identify the changes during the life-cycle of the project and complete the MOC process by initiating change orders and seeking required approvals from clients. The successful candidate should have prior experience and expertise in project management/construction management, preferably in utility and oil/gas projects.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following duties:
- Understand the individual contracts and identify the potentials for change
- Monitor, track and report the project deviations from the original scope
- Initiate the MOC process including but limited to gathering the supportive documents, preparation of the required documents such as change orders
- Examine the validity of the change order against the original scope, contact Terms and Conditions and other related project or contractual documentation
- Hosting weekly meetings to assign and track the completion of documentation and other assigned MOC deliverables.
- Work with MOC owners/action items owners to ensure updates are provided for progress tracking.
- Work closely with the project team including project manager, construction manager and cost controllers
- Discuss and negotiate the change orders with clients until the required approvals are received
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The MOC Specialist is expected to be familiar with the Contract Law and typical Terms and Conditions in construction industry contracts.
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- General understanding of electrical, civil, structural, and mechanical disciplines as they relate to the construction of utility and oil/gas facilities
- Excellent project management, change management, planning skills, financial acumen, specifically in forecasting, estimating, and accruals
- Effective communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and spoken in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be detail orientated with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to make optimal decisions through accountability, judgement, problem-solving, prudent risk-taking, market/industry awareness, and maintaining customer focus
- Comfortable and proficient with computer software such as Excel, Microsoft Project and word
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or a professional certification would be a definite asset
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Type: Contract